Lexan Panel Roll-Up
Lexan Panel Roll-Up Doors can be manufactured to fit openings of any width and height to meet a diversity of commercial and residential application requirements. Possible applications include, but are not limited to, storefronts, banks, shopping-mall security, and many other applications where a combination of high security and visibility is required. Doors can be motor, chain hoist, crank or manually operated. Weatherstripped guides are standard to minimized rain infiltration, dust, wind and rodents. Additional weatherstripping for hood and sill is available.
• General Specifications
Lexan Roll-Up Doors will be designated as Model LA__ as manufactured by Best Roll-Up Door, Inc.
- Mounting: The doors can be face mounted or mounted between jams of a prepared opening.
Opening preparations, miscellaneous or structural steel, field painting or finish, access panels, electrical wires, wiring, switch connection, conduit will be handled by the appropriate trades.
• Product Specifications
- Slats: Aluminum panels extruded in continuous lengths of 6063-T6 anodized aluminum, cut to specific sizes for proper design and operation, interlocked alternately with solid Lexan (poly-carbonate) panels to form curtains.
- Gauge: Dual-faced aluminum panels shall have thickness of 16 gauge on each face. Lexan panels shall have thickness, where it is the minimum, of 0.15625" and, where it is the maximum, of 0.40625".
- Endlocks: To accomplish slat alignment and serve as a wearing surface endlocks are fitted to each end of alternate slats.
- Anodizing: All aluminum parts shall be anodized. Mill finish and shiny bright-dip anodized finish is also available.
Curtain is reinforced with an extruded aluminum tube that can be further reinforced for wider openings.
Guide and Wall Angle Assembly
- Guides/Wall Angles: Extruded aluminum channels at both sides shall serve as guides. Wall angles shall be either aluminum or steel with minimum thickness of 1/8". Structural steel tubes can also be used in lieu of wall angles.
- Depth of Guide: To be of appropriate size to allow slate penetration and to restrict horizontal slat movement.
- Bracket Plates: To support the curtain and the counterbalance, the bracket plates shall be provided with minimum thickness of 1/4".
- Drive End Bracket Plate: The bracket plate on the drive-end is to be fitted with a sealed ball bearing.
- Counterbalance: Housed in a steel pipe, maximum deflection to 0.03" per foot of door width is achieved by having the appropriate diameter and wall thickness.
- Springs: Helical torsion with a 25% overload factor for ease of operation and are greased packed mounted on a cold rolled steel inner shaft.
- Spring Tension: Can be adjusted from outside of end bracket plate.
- Ball Bearing: Sealed in order to minimize wear of pipe shaft rotation around inner shaft.
- Hoods: To completely enclose curtain and counterbalance, hoods shall be provided from #24 U.S. Gauge galvanized steel.
- Reinforcing: Can be reinforced laterally to prevent sag.
- Intermediate Hood Supports: Provided where door width exceeds 16'.
Operation can be manual push-up, chain hoist, waist high crank hoist, or electric motor operated.
- Integral Gearing: Power operator can serve as an additional locking for the door.
- Hand Chain Lock: Locking bracket can be provided.
- Cylinder Lock: System is installed in bottom track and can be key or thumb knob operated.
Aluminum surfaces are anodized and can be powder coated in various colors upon request.
- Bottom Track: Bottom track can be sloped to match contour on finished floor or can be notched to match obstruction on finished floor.
- Sensor Edge: An electronic sensor edge can be added to power operated doors to reverse the door travel upon encountering an obstruction for safety.
- High Cycle Springs: Can be obtained for motorized doors that require 50,000 to 100,000 cycles. Very high cycles in excess of 100,000 are also available.
- Locking: Thumb turn/key cylinder locks and multi-cylinder locks are available.
- Aluminum Surfaces: Aluminum surfaces can have mill finish or clear anodized finish.
- Pass Door: Hollow metal pedestrian door within rolling door can be obtained in a 3¡¯ x 7¡¯ or 3¡¯ x 6¡¯ 8¡± size. Hinged to rolling door guide the hollow metal door frame will swing clear of opening when desired. Hardware includes heavy duty hinges and handicap-level lock set.