Aluminum Grille Roll-Up
Aluminum Grille Doors are ideal for a diversity of commercial and residential application requirements ranging from shopping-mall security to garage entrances. Aluminum Grille Doors can be motor, chain hoist, crank or manually operated. To achieve highest product quality Aluminum Grille Doors are manufactured with solid aluminum bars, rather than hollow tubes, running the full width of the opening. These bars are then connected with vertical aluminum links, with double-single-double configuration, kept in place with aluminum spacers resulting in a stronger more reliable door.
• General Specifications
Aluminum Grille Doors will be designated as Model AG__ as manufactured by Best Roll-Up Door, Inc.
- Mounting: The door can be face mounted or mounted between jambs of a prepared opening.
Opening preparations, miscellaneous or structural steel, field painting or finish, access panels, electrical wires, wiring, switch connection, conduit will be handled by the appropriate trades.
• Product Specifications
- Curtain: Solid aluminum bars, extruded in continuous length, of 5/16" diameter, placed horizontally with a center to center spacing of 1-1/2". Aluminum spacer tubes shall be provided at least every 12" vertically. Double-single-double configured vertical aluminum links shall be provided every 9" horizontally.
- Endlocks: To accomplish slat alignment and serve as a wearing surface endlocks are fitted to each end of every bar.
Curtain is reinforced with an extruded 6063-T6 aluminum tube that can be further reinforced for wider openings.
Guide and Wall Angle Assembly
- Guides/Wall Angles: Extruded aluminum channels at both sides shall serve as guides. Wall angles shall be either aluminum or steel with minimum thickness of 1/8". Whenever required, structural steel tubes can be used in lieu of wall angles.
- Depth of Guide: To be of appropriate size to allow curtain penetration and to restrict horizontal curtain movement.
- Bracket Plates: To support the curtain and the counterbalance, the bracket plates shall be provided with minimum thickness of 1/4".
- Drive End Bracket Plate: The bracket plate on the drive end is to be fitted with a sealed ball bearing.
- Counterbalance: Housed in a steel pipe, maximum deflection of 0.03" per foot of door width shall be achieved by having the appropriate diameter and wall thickness.
- Springs: Helical torsion with a 25% overload factor for ease of operation and are greased packed mounted on a cold rolled steel inner shaft.
- Spring Tension: Can be adjusted form outside of end bracket plate.
- Ball Bearing: Sealed in order to minimize wear of pipe shaft rotation around inner shaft.
- Hoods: To completely enclose curtain and counterbalance, hoods shall be provided from #24 U.S. Gauge galvanized steel.
- Reinforcing: Can be reinforced laterally to prevent sag.
- Intermediate Hood Supports: Provided where door width exceeds 16'.
Can be manual push-up, chain hoist, awning crank, or power operated.
- Integral Gearing: Power operator can provide additional locking for door.
- Hand Chain Lock: Locking bracket can be provided.
- Cylinder Lock: System is installed in bottom track and can be key or thumb knob operated.
Aluminum surfaces shall have mill finish or clear anodized finish.
- Curtain Patterns: Vertical links can be spaced 2” (minimum) apart to 9”(maximum) apart from brick pattern and straight pattern. 9” spacing is standard.
- Bottom Track: Bottom track can be sloped to match the contour on finished floor or can be notched to match obstruction on finished floor.
- Sensor Edge: An electronic sensor edge can be added to power operated doors to reverse the door travel upon encountering an obstruction for safety.
- High Cycle Springs: Can be obtained for motorized doors that require 50,000 to 100,000 cycles. Very high cycles in excess of 100,000 are also available.
- Locking: Thumb turn/key cylinder locks and multi-cylinder locks are available.
- Aluminum Surfaces: Aluminum surfaces can have mill finish or clear anodized finish.
- Pass Door: Hollow metal pedestrian door within rolling door can be obtained in a 3’ x 7’ or 3’ x 6’ 8” size. Hinged to rolling door guide the hollow metal door frame will swing clear of opening when desired. Hardware includes heavy duty hinges and handicap-lever lock set.
- Emergency Egress Release Device: Can be supplied to motor operated doors for emergency exit. The device does not require electrical power to operate the door making it indispensable in case of a power outage and a fire.