Aluminum Counter Roll-Up
Aluminum Counter Roll-Up Doors are specifically manufactured to fit openings that are too small for a regular Aluminum Roll-Up Door, or openings that are designed to be counter. They can also meet a diversity of commercial and institutional application requirements. Doors can be obtained in anodized or powder coated aluminum, and can be motor, chain hoist, crank or manually operated. Some possible applications include, but are not limited to, hospital counters, pass windows at kitchens, cafeterias, post office windows, ticket offices, and check rooms.
• General Specifications
Aluminum Counter Roll-Up Doors will be designated as Model AR__as manufactured by Best Roll-Up Door, Inc.
- Mounting: The door can be face mounted or mounted between jambs of a prepared opening.
Opening preparations miscellaneous or structural steel, field painting or finish, access panels, electrical wires, wiring, switch connection, conduit will be handled by the appropriate trades.
• Product Specifications
- Slats: Extruded in continuous lengths of anodized 6063-T6 aluminum, interlocked to form curtains. Dual-faced configuration.
- Gauge: Aluminum slat thickness shall be no less than 16 gauge and no more than 8 gauge on each side of dual-faced slats.
- Endlocks: To accomplish slat alignment and serve as a wearing surface endlocks are fitted to each end of alternate slats.
- Anodizing: All aluminum parts are anodized. Mill finish and shiny bright-dip anodized finish is also available.
Curtain is reinforced with an extruded 6063-T6 aluminum tube that can be further reinforced for wider openings.
Guide and Wall Angle Assembly
- Guides/Wall Angles: Extruded aluminum channels at both sides shall serve as guides. Wall angles shall be either aluminum or steel with minimum thickness of 1/8". Structural steel tubes can also be used in lieu of wall angles. Guide weatherstripping on inside and outside shall be provided.
- Depth of Guide: To be of appropriate size to allow slat penetration and to restrict horizontal slat movement.
Aluminum Roll-Up Door construction is designed to withstand windload of up to 60 PSF in a fully closed position, and can be designed to withstand higher windload upon request.
- Bracket Plates: To support the curtain and the counterbalance, the bracket plates shall be provided with minimum thickness of 1/4".
- Drive End Bracket Plate: The bracket plate on the drive-end is to be fitted with a sealed ball bearing.
- Counterbalance: Housed in a steel pipe, maximum deflection of 0.03" per foot of door width is achieved by having the appropriate diameter and wall thickness.
- Springs: Helical torsion with a 25% overload factor for ease of operation and are greased packed mounted on a cold rolled steel inner shaft.
- Spring Tension: Can be adjusted from outside of end bracket plate.
- Ball Bearing: Sealed in order to minimize wear of pipe shaft rotating around inner shaft.
- Hoods: To completely enclose curtain and counterbalance, hoods shall be provided from #24 U.S. Gauge galvanized steel.
- Reinforcing: Can be reinforced laterally to prevent sag.
- Intermediate Hood Supports: Provide where door width exceeds 16'.
Operation can be manual push-up, chain hoist, waist high crank hoist, or power operated.
- Integral Gearing: Power operator can provide additional locking for door.
- Hand Chain Lock: Locking bracket can be provided.
- Cylinder Lock: System is installed in bottom track and can be key or thumb knob operated.
Aluminum surfaces are anodized and can be powder coated in various colors upon request.
- Windload: Custom windload are available. Consult factory.
- Bottom Track: Can be aluminum angels or extruded aluminum. It can be sloped to match contour on finished floor or can be notched to match obstruction on finished floor. - Sensor Edge: An electronic sensor edge can be added to power operated doors to reverse the door travel upon encountering an obstruction for safety.
- High Cycle Springs: Can be obtained for motorized doors that require 50,000 to 100,000 life cycles. Very high cycles in excess of 100,000 are also available.
- Bracket Plates: Can be made from galvanized or stainless steel.
- Guides/Wall angels: Can be galvanized steel or aluminum.
- Powder Coat Finish: Powder coating in a wide range of colors is available. Consult factory.