Center Lead Clad Wood Doors
Center lead lined wood doors are available when shielding levels require more than 3/8″ thick lead or if project specifications require.
When shielding levels require more than 3/8″ thick lead, bolted center lead construction is used. If the specific project requires it, Center lead designs are available for 3/8″ lead thickness and below and will be an adhesive bonded assembly.
Refer to our center lead lined wood door cut sheet for additional information. These doors are typically used in various medical X-Ray, PET or CT Scan rooms in hospitals and doctors’ offices.Max Sizes:
- Single Door: 4’0” x 8’0”. (Sizes greater than 8’0” high are subject to mill acceptance.)
- Pairs: 8’0” x 8’0” (Sizes greater than 8’0” high are subject to mill acceptance.)
Face Material Options:
- Adhesive Bonded Center Lead Particle Board Core
- Bolted Center Lead Particle Board Core
- Veneer - All species available
- No Added UF as an option
- Plastic Laminate
- Customer supplied door skins
Butt Hinges - Due to the heavy weight of the lead lined doors, we recommend that Pivots or Continuous Hinges be used. However we will allow butt hinges as long as they are rated for the weight of the door.
Locks/Strikes & Flushbolts:
Mortise / Cylindrical - (Hospital Latch included)
Surface Vertical Rods & RIM Exit Devices - (Concealed Vertical Rods are not allowed)
Standard Strike & Electric
Top & Bottom Flush bolts & Fire Pins
Raceway / EPT / Magnetic Switches
Mortised Over-head Holders / Mortised Automatic door bottoms
Additional preps are available.