CORECLAD® Lead Lined Wood Doors
Our specially designed CORECLAD® lead lined wood doors are manufactured as a premium grade architectural wood door unit while providing the level of radiation protection needed for each specific project.
CORECLAD® lead lined wood doors are constructed with the lead under each face and are available for lead thicknesses from 1/32” to 1/4”. They are available in particle-core construction or structural composite lumber (SCL) core construction for lead thickness from 1/32” to 3/8”. Nominal door thickness is 1-3/4″. Above 1/8″ lead thickness, the door thickness will increase as the lead thickness increases. Special emphasis should be placed on the selection of a proper hinge system because of the high weights involved with lead lined doors.
The amount of lead required in these doors must be determined by a licensed radiation shielding physicist.
Each lead lined wood door is custom-designed and built and can be provided in a variety of veneer & plastic laminates. These doors are typically used in various medical X-Ray, PET or CT Scan rooms in hospitals and doctors’ offices.Max Sizes:
- Single Door: 4’0” x 8’0”. (Sizes greater than 8’0” high are subject to mill acceptance.)
- Pairs: 8’0” x 8’0” (Sizes greater than 8’0” high are subject to mill acceptance.)
Face Material Options:
- Standard CORECLAD® Particle Board Core
- SCL CORECLAD® Core
- No Added Urea Formaldehyde CORECLAD® Particle Board Core
- Veneer - All species available
- No Added UF as an option
- Plastic Laminate
- Customer supplied door skins
- Continuous Hinge
- Butt Hinges - Due to the heavy weight of the lead lined doors, we recommend that Pivots or Continuous Hinges be used. However we will allow butt hinges as long as they are rated for the weight of the door.
Locks/Strikes & Flushbolts
- Mortise / Cylindrical - (Hospital Latch included)
- Surface Vertical Rods & RIM Exit Devices - (Concealed Vertical Rods are not allowed)
- Unit Lock
- Standard Strike & Electric
- Top & Bottom Flush bolts & Fire Pins
- Raceway / EPT / Magnetic Switches
- Mortised Over-head Holders / Mortised Automatic door bottoms
- Additional preps are available.