350/500 Heavy Wall™ IR Entrances
- 3-1/2" (88.9mm) or 5" (127mm) sightline
- 2" (50.8mm) depth
- Non thermal performance
- Blast mitigation, hurricane resistance
- Moderate to high traffic application
350/500 Heavy Wall™ IR Entrances have been tested not only to meet South Florida requirements set forth by the Florida Building Code (FBC) and the Level D requirements of ASTM E 1996, but the even more stringent Level E (Enhanced Facilities) requirements of ASTM E 1996.
Additionally the Entrances withstood the testing requirements of ASTM F 1642 for blast mitigation.
To resist both lever arm and torsion forces that constantly act upon any door, 350/500 Heavy Wall™ IR Entrance doors feature four Sigma deep penetration and fillet welds plus mechanical fastening at each corner. In addition to the standard two-year warranty covering every Kawneer door, each door corner for the 350/500 Heavy Wall™ Entrances comes with a limited lifetime warranty, good for the life of the door under normal-use operation.
Key Features Include:
- 350 medium stile has 3-1/2" vertical stile, 3-1/2" top and 6-1/2" bottom rail
- 500 wide stile has 5" vertical stile, 5" top and 6-1/2" bottom rail
- Door is 2" deep
- Door has 3/16" wall thickness
- Welded corner construction
- Single acting
- Offset pivot, butt hinges or continuous geared hinge
- Surface mounted or concealed closers
- MS lock or exit device hardware
- Architects Classic push-pulls
- Square stops with interior silicone seal for 9/16" (14.3 mm) or 1" (25.4 mm) glazing infills
- Adjustable astragal utilizing pile weathering with polymeric fin at meeting stiles
- Polymeric bulb weatherstripping in door frames
- Permanodic® anodized finishes in seven standard choices
- Painted finishes in standard and custom choices
- Numerous push/pull options
- Paneline® exit device or Paneline® EL exit device
- 3/16" heavy wall frame
- Crossrails and 10" Bottom Rail
- Square stops with 3M™ VHB™ Structural
- Glazing Tape at interior for 9/16" (14.3 mm) or 1" (25.4 mm) glazing infill
- 350/500 Heavy Wall IR provides added strength for schools, institutions, office buildings and other high traffic applications where codes require windborne debris or blast mitigating protection.