Hurricane Resistant Glass Block Panels
Holds back hurricanes. Dances with light.
- Withstands hurricane force winds
- Protects against flying debris
- No need for shutters
Anyone who' s ever experienced a hurricane knows that hurricane-force winds are powerful, but the real danger comes in the form of flying debris. That means, if you're designing a building to withstand a hurricane, it needs to be able to stand up to flying debris as well.
Protect your building and its occupants with Hurricane-Resistant Glass Block Panels. They meet the large missile impact tests referenced in the International Building Code and Dade County Approval Protocols. Plus, they're attractive, easy to install and offer the kind of privacy and light aesthetics you can only get with glass block.
Hurricane-Resistant Panels brighten any application with soft, natural light. They' re ideal for use in commercial applications where beauty, light transmission and protection against hurricane force winds and debris is critical. The window has passed the large missile impact tests recognized by the International Building Code and Dade County, and is approved for use in coastal areas.
Hurricane-Resistant Panels consist of glass block framed by a 2-piece aluminum channel. Standard aluminum channel is mill finished, anodized clear or bronze. Powder coating is also available.
Hurricane-Resistant Glass Block Panels are available as pre-assembled windows for easy installation. They can be ordered in custom sizes in 8" increments up to 4' x 8' (with 80 PSF Design Pressure Rating).
Features and Benefits
- Visually stunning, pre-fabricated panels that are easy to install
- No need for shutters
- Customizable to meet project needs
- Guaranteed to meet your performance requirements
- Useful for daylighting strategies and can contribute to LEED points
- Protects against flying debris and hurricane-force winds
- Available with a range of visibility and privacy options
- Graffiti-resistant, damage-resistant and easy to clean
- Greater security than conventional windows
- The possibilities are limited only by your imagination
Tests Passed/Code Approvals
- Meets large missile impact tests referenced in the International Building Code (IBC), in accordance with ASTM E-1886 and ASTM E-1996
- Tested to Dade county approval protocols TAS 201, 202, 203
- Window Size and Design Pressure Rating: 4’ x 8’ = 80 PSF Design Pressure