Frick® Surge Drums
Frick® Surge Drums - Single or Dual Flow Designs
At Frick® by Johnson Controls, we offer surge drum options like single direction or dual direction vapor flow to help keep your system operating safely and smoothly. Our Horizontal Surge Drum is a flooded refrigerant surge drum that serves not only as a liquid reservoir, but also as a liquid vapor separator.
Like all of our pressure vessels at Frick®, we've designed and rated our surge drums specifically for the operating conditions and refrigerant being used in your facility.
Features and Benefits
- Designed and rated for the specified refrigerant and operating conditions.
- May be single direction or dual direction vapor flow.
- All nozzle connections are sized according to industry standard criteria based on the refrigerant and specified operating conditions.
- Frick® Coolware software allows custom rating of the recirculator with various refrigerants, nozzle sizing based on maximum vessel capacity or specific capacity and modification of the nozzle locations (within limitations).
- Vessel and components are abrasively cleaned prior to assembly assuring a clean interior and maximum adhesion of the final exterior paint system.
- The finished vessel is pressure tested to assure the integrity of all welds. It is vacuum dehydrated and charged with a 15 psi nitrogen charge for shipment and storage. This procedure minimizes the potential for internal corrosion prior to being placed into service.