Hatchet Hewn Timber Frame Log Siding
Hatchet Hewn takes hewing a step further than our Norway Hewn, with a more aggressively hewn texture for a more dramatic effect.
Our manufacturing process allows us to create a truly random hewing pattern, which means that you will not see repeated marks, giving our patterns the most authentic hand-hewn appearance. Cedar Creek is the only manufacturer in the world with this technology. When viewing close-up images, know that your siding will be similar, but never exactly the same. It will be exclusive to your home.
Hatchet Hewn Family of Products
Hatchet Hewn siding installs easily over conventional framing and is also available in corners, trim and timbers. Available in pine and cedar.
- Flatlog Siding: 2×10, 2×12
- Window and Door Trim: 3×4, 3×6
- Timbers: 6×6 through 12×12
Additional dimensions may be available. Inquire with your local retail building material supplier.Patterns available:
- Nordic Timber Frame “V” (features a deep V and bold horizontal lines)
- Chinking (features an old world look, available in 2 x 10 and 2 x 12 dimensions)
- Timber Stack (features a shiplap pattern that gives the appearance of tightly stacked timbers)
Real protection on real wood.
To protect you natural wood sidings from the harmful effects of moisture and the sun, you need a finish that works with the natural characteristics of the wood.
Benefits of VX Pro Factory Finishes:
- Blocks UV rays
- Prevents moisture from accessing the wood
- Years of maintenance-free performance, keeping that “new look” (when properly applied in our factory setting)
- Offered in a semi transparent finish to allow the beauty of the wood to shine through
- Six semi-transparent exterior wood finishes that provide exceptional beauty, performance, and UV protection.