Supergrit® Safety Stair Nosings
Supergrit Safety Stair Nosings are made with a heat-treated, corrosion resistant, extruded aluminum base with satin/ lacquered finish and diamond-hard aluminum oxide filler strips. This assures long tread life under heavy pedestrian traffic use. Supergrit® is designed for both inside and outside use.
Supergrit® nosings are available in short-nose or long-nose styles for use in poured-in-place concrete stairs or concrete-filled steel pan stairs.
Supergrit® nosings can be used on new construction and renovation projects.
- Extruded aluminum base abrasive filler
- Lengths to order, up to 12'0" (3.66 m) max. in one piece
- Lengths over maximum to be made in equal sections
- High content of aluminum oxide abrasive
- 11 standard colors
- Colors extend throughout filler
- Protective tape available at extra cost
Specify Supergrit® Safety Stair Nosings for heavy pedestrian traffic use in new construction or in renovation projects.
Supergrit® is non-combustible and can be installed for indoor or outdoor use. Supergrit® provides excellent safety protection at low cost.
Safety Stair Nosings in Colors
Time-proven Supergrit® safety treads are now available in colors for improved aesthetics.
Supergrit® Guide Specification
Provide Supergrit® type _______ safety nosings as manufactured by Wooster Products, Inc. for interior and exterior stairs.
- Nosing base to be type 6063-T5 extruded aluminum
- Anti-slip filler shall contain approximately 65% virgin grain Aluminum Oxide (AL203) abrasive
- Nosings shall be non-combustible as tested under Federal Test Method Standard No.501a, Method 6411
- Type of anchor shall be as specified. See our catalog for anchor details
- Poured concrete stairs: nosings shall terminate not more than 4" (101.6 mm) from ends of steps
- Concrete-filled steel pan stairs: nosings shall be full length of steps less 1/8" (3.05 mm) clearance
- Color shall extend uniformly throughout the filler; black color will be furnished if no other color is specified
- Protective tape available upon request, at an extra cost
- Protective tape should be removed as soon as possible once installed
Installation Note: Safety nosings going into new poured concrete or cement fill shall be installed before "INITIAL SET" of the concrete or cement occurs. Nosings shall finish flush with the top of the traffic surface.
Why specify Wooster Safety Stair and Walkway Products?
- Wooster' Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces provide anti-slip protection for building occupants and pedestrians
- The use of Safety Stair and Walkway Products can help protect the Building Owner, since pedestrians will have been provided with the latest available technology for making stairs and walkways safe
- 'Wooster' Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces comply with OSHA and other Safety Surface Specifications for anti-slip safety surfaces
- A 'Wooster' specification exemplifies the finest in quality, dependability and service
- We are Safety Stair and Walkway experts! Wooster Products, Inc. has been furnishing "state-of-the-art" anti-slip Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces continuously since 1921
- Because we provide long-term solutions for your anti-skid needs
Wooster Products, Inc
P.O. Box 6005
1000 Spruce Street
Wooster, OH 44691
Tel: (800) 321-4936
Fax: (330) 262-4151
Web site: http://www.wooster-products.com