STAIRMASTER® & FLEXMASTER® Anti-Slip Renovation Stair Treads
Your Best Option For Permanent Repair Of Worn or Slippery Steps
Stairmaster and Flexmaster Safety Renovation Treads are designed for the modernization and restoration of all types of stairs, while also providing excellent anti-slip protection for pedestrians.
Stairmaster and Flexmaster Renovation Safety Treads provide a fast and economical alternative to removal and reconstruction of a stairway. Use Wooster Products leveling Compound to fill worn steps before installing Renovation Safety Treads. Use Construction Adhesive in addition to mechanical fasteners for the best installation results.
STAIRMASTER® Heavy-duty, heat tread ed extruded aluminum with a silvery satin finish forms the base of the distinctive Stairmaster safety renovation tread. The abrasive, slip proof material - bonded and locked into place - provides an easy to clean surface. The high abrasive product content assures many years of anti-slip service even under the heaviest traffic and wet or oily conditions.
FLEXMASTER® The Flexmaster base is made of a heat treated aluminum extrusion. The anti-slip surface is chemically bonded onto the extrusion with an adhesive matrix that is capable of 7.3 lbs. per square inch peel strength. The anti-skid surface is level with all surfaces on the extrusion.
Features and Benefits
- Wooster Safety Treads are the practical, and easy way to make stairs new again - without expensive tearing out and rebuilding - without tying up and disrupting stair traffic - and with the longest lasting protection and appearance under the heaviest of traffic conditions
- All exposed aluminum surfaces have a satin finish
- The exclusive traffic flow feature on Stairmaster is designed as a "magnetic-like feeling" when the foot touches each step. A special abrasive formula, bonded into a heavy-duty aluminum base, provides a subtle but sure grip; reducing slipping and tripping on stairs
- Indoors or outdoors, under all weather conditions, quality Wooster Safety Renovation Treads retain distinctive appearance, lifetime durability and easy clean surface features
- Outlasts rubber treads up to 15 times or more
- Stairmaster has a five year warranty and Flexmaster has a three year warranty
- Reduces accident risk and potential accident liability
- STAIRMASTER and FLEXMASTER treads meet ADA requirements
- NITEGLOW® Photoluminescent abrasive material available in some styles of STAIRMASTER treads
Stairmaster or Flexmaster are designed to be used on any slippery, worn or dangerous steps. Treads are easy to install, low cost and can be used indoors or outdoors. Typical applications include industry, educational institutions, commercial buildings, marine, mass transit, convention centers, sports stadiums, airports, public buildings, restaurants, parking garages, medical industry and almost any other area where slippery or worn steps are present.
Sizes and Shapes
- Width (back to front) - 9" standard tread width is suggested for steps up to 11" deep. 11" standard tread width is suggested for steps over 11" deep. Flexmaster is also available in 6" depth when covering only the front of the step
- Lengths - Treads are provided to customer's exact needed length. Most treads are available in lengths up to 12', with the exception of style 511 which is 8' and 6100 which is 10'
- Stairmaster Safety Treads are 9/32" thick and Flexmaster is 5/32" thick
- Special shapes are available for covering landings and other areas. Product can be supplied with cut outs around pipes, railings and other obstacles
- Stairmaster Treads have special twin visibility lines to make steps more visible
- Treads are available in a variety of standard colors
- Products are predrilled for fastening. Standard fasteners are supplied at no extra charge
- Special sealer is available when treads are used under marine conditions or where corrosion can occur
- Treads are supplied ready to put down - no cutting of fitting necessary. Treads can be supplied to fit exact lengths or up to a 2" margin can be left at each end. Stairmaster treads will be furnished with 5/8" bevel ends, unless square ends are specified
- Worn, dished out or chipped steps should be repaired with Wooster Products plastic leveling compound. Simply mix with water and apply with a trowel. Drying time is 2 to 4 hours. Each 50 pound drum covers approximately 50 lineal feet of stair treads
- Paint or varnish the exposed area of the steps, risers and stringers to give a brand new appearance, if needed
- Treads are furnished drilled and countersunk with a double row of holes. Fastening options include wood or machine screws, Tapcon screws, screw and shield or nut and bolt. Fasteners supplied at no extra charge
- Construction adhesive should be used in addition to mechanical fasteners on all steps to assure a firm, water-tight installation
STAIRMASTER® and FLEXMASTER® Guide Specifications
- Tread base to be type 6063-T5 extruded aluminum
- Stairmaster anti-slip filler shall contain approximately 65% virgin grain aluminum oxide abrasive
- Treads shall be non-combustible as tested under Federal Test Method Standard No. 501a, Method 6411
- Type of anchor shall be specified
- Color shall extend uniformly throughout the filler: black color will be furnished if no other color is supplied
- Flexmaster abrasive is adhered to the substrate with a flexible polymeric binder, in sufficient thickness to achieve optimum bond and grit exposure
Why specify Wooster Safety Stair and Walkway Products?
- 'Wooster' Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces provide anti-slip protection for building occupants and pedestrians
- The use of Safety Stair and Walkway Products can help protect the Building Owner, since pedestrians will have been provided with the latest available technology for making stairs and walkways safe
- 'Wooster' Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces comply with OSHA and other Safety Surface Specifications for anti-slip safety surfaces
- A 'Wooster' specification exemplifies the finest in quality, dependability and service
- We are Safety Stair and Walkway experts! Wooster Products, Inc. has been furnishing "state-of-the-art" anti-slip Safety Treads and Safety Surfaces continuously since 1921
- Because we provide long-term solutions for your anti-skid needs
Wooster Products, Inc
P.O. Box 6005
1000 Spruce Street
Wooster, OH 44691
Tel: (800) 321-4936
Fax: (330) 262-4151
Web site: http://www.wooster-products.com