Resource RFB® Fire Classified Floor Boxes
Resource RFB Series Fire Classified Floor Boxes are versatile recessed activation floor box solutions that provide power, communication and/or audio/video services to open space areas, or directly to workstations. RFB Series Floor Boxes are available in two 2- and 4-Gang options with a variety of aesthetic cover options (colors and shapes) to choose from. These boxes preserve the 2- and 3-hour fire rating of floors in which they have been installed. RFB Series Floor Boxes have many applications including financial institutions, commercial office buildings, and residences.
- Maintains fire classification of fire rated floors: Boxes preserve up to a 3-hour fire rating for floors in which they are installed. Eliminates the need to install additional fireproofing to underfloor surfaces to restore the floor’s fire rating.
- UL Listed and UL Fire Classified to U.S. and Canadian safety standards for tile and terrazzo: Standard fire rating provides peace of mind for building owners, general contractors, installers, and inspectors that building floors will meet safety guidelines for occupants. Includes the UL requirements under UL514A and UL514C for the scrub water exclusions test for carpet, tile and wood floors and UL263 for fire rating.
- Provide more services to open space environments: Fire rated floor boxes provide multiple service and capacity options and can be installed 2 feet on center for increased accessibility to services for occupants.
- Available in 2- and 4-gang versions in both flush and recessed models: Dividers can be removed in several models for greater capacity and to provide multiple configuration options for multi-service installations.
- Communication connectivity options: Accepts industry standard and proprietary devices from a wide range of manufacturers to provide a seamless and aesthetically pleasing interface for voice, data, audio, and video applications at the point-of-use. A wide selection of data and adapter options are available for use with Ortronics® TracJack and Series II devices.