RC7AFFTC Multi-Service Poke-Thru Device
Walker Furniture Feed Style Poke-Thru Devices are an excellent solution for feeding both power and communication services to modular furniture systems in an open space, above grade floor environment. Every Walker Poke-Thru Device comes with built-in TopGuard protection, an industry-leading design that meets and exceeds UL scrub water exclusion requirements for tile and carpet floors. TopGuard protection prevents water, dirt, or debris from entering not just the power compartment, but also the communication compartment located below the floor, through the service head or floor fittings. All Walker Furniture Feed Style Poke-Thru Devices can be installed on tile, carpet, or wood covered floors. Each of these devices provides an excellent solution for both new or retrofit construction, with typical applications that include commercial office buildings, financial institutions, and government facilities.
- TopGuard protection. An integral design which keeps out water, dirt, and debris from the power and communication compartments. Whenever you see the TopGuard protection icon applied to any Wiremold product, you will know that the product meets and exceeds the new UL scrub water exclusion requirement.
- UL Listed and UL Fire Classified to U.S. and Canadian safety standards for tile, terrazzo, and the future UL requirements under UL514A and UL514C for the scrub water exclusion test for carpet and wood floors. This future requirement takes effect June, 2003.
- Multiple service capability. Eliminates the cost of a second poke-thru to accommodate power and communication services.
- Unobtrusive flush profile cover. Provides an aesthetically pleasing finish that will not obstruct the floor area.
- New brush aluminum flange option. Provides additional color options for better aesthetics.
- Accommodates the COM50 Communication Adapter. Allows communication wiring to be conduit connected affording security protection and allows the use of non-plenum rated cable.
- "Step-on-it" installation. Allows quick and easy installation without additional fasteners.
- Suitable for use in air handling spaces in accordance with Sec 300-22 (c) of the National Electrical Code.
- Meets ADA Accessibility Guidelines. Even though ADA does not specifically cover floor boxes or poke-thru devices, the wide trim flange on the product is designed to meet the ADA Accessibility Guidelines as it pertains to ADA Standard 4.5 which addresses changes in ground and floor surface levels. The poke-thru trim flanges are beveled so the slope is no greater than a 1:2 ratio.