RC4 Multi-Service Poke-Thru Device
The Walker RC4 Series is a flush poke-thru device ideal for providing audio/video services to the workstation in an open space, above-grade floor environment. It accepts up to four ports of connectivity devices to provide a seamless and aesthetically pleasing interface for voice, data, and fiber optic applications at the point of use. All Walker flush poke-thru devices come with built-in TopGuard protection, an industry-leading design that meets and exceeds UL scrub water exclusion requirements for tile and carpet floors. All Walker flush poke-thru devices can be installed on tile, carpet, or wood floors.
- An integral design which keeps out water, dirt, and debris from the power and communication compartments. Whenever you see the TopGuard protection icon applied to any Wiremold product, you will know that the product meets and exceeds the new UL scrub water exclusion requirement.
- Power receptacles wired for two circuits. Four 20A power receptacles are wired with a 6-wire system with individual neutral and ground wires. The 20A receptacles can be wired as standard receptacles or for isolated ground. The receptacles are UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian safety standards.
- UL Listed and UL Fire Classified to U.S. and Canadian safety standards for tile, terrazzo, and the future UL requirements under UL514A and UL514C for the scrub water exclusion test for carpet and wood floors. This future requirement takes effect June, 2003.
- New brushed aluminum flange option. Provides additional color options for better aesthetics.
- Communication connectors can be mounted both flush and recessed. Flexibility to mount fiber optic, coaxial, video, and audio connectors below the finished floor surface for protection when not in use. Only flush poke-thru device in the industry that supports fiber optic connectors and quad power.
- "Step-on-it" installation. Allows quick and simple installation without additional fasteners. Labor savings provided by eliminating the need for a second installer. All wiring can be completed at floor level.
- Individual slide covers and "Dead-front" protection. Slide covers protect power and communication devices. Power slide covers snap back in place when power receptacles are not in use to prevent water, dirt, and debris from entering device. Flexibility to activate either power or communication services simultaneously or individually.
- Suitable for use in air handling spaces in accordance with Sec 300-22 (C) of the National Electrical Code.
- Datacom connectivity options. Accepts industry standard and proprietary devices from a wide range of manufacturers to provide a seamless and aesthetically pleasing interface for voice, data, audio, and video applications at the point-of-use. A wide selection of data and bezel options available for use with Ortronics ® , TracJack ® , and Series II devices.
- Meets ADA Accessibility Guidelines. Even though ADA does not specifically cover floor boxes or poke-thru devices, the wide trim flange on the product is designed to meet the ADA Accessibility Guidelines as it pertains to ADA Standard 4.5 which addresses changes in ground and floor surface levels. The poke-thru trim flanges are beveled so the slope is no greater than a 1:2 ratio.