Concealed Vertical Solutions
The concealed vertical solutions are designed to provide improved security and aesthetics.
A concealed vertical exit device is the ideal solution for openings requiring enhanced security and streamlined aesthetics - no surface-mounted rods, mullions or metal wraps are visible.
Von Duprin offers two concealed vertical cable solutions: one for hollow metal and aluminum doors (-49 option) and is known as Concealed Vertical Cable (CVC); and one for wood doors (-50 option) and is known as Wood Door Concealed (WDC). Both the CVC and WDC solutions are available for panic- or fire-rated applications and utilize the standard Von Duprin trim used with the 33/35A Series and 98/99 Series exit devices.
What makes the Von Duprin concealed vertical cable solutions truly unique is their ability to perform in less than ideal conditions. The flexibility and slack in the cable system allows the device to function properly even if the top latch, device centerline and bottom latch are not vertically aligned. The concealed vertical system is not as sensitive to changing door conditions and requires significantly less maintenance than a traditional rod over its lifetime.
Features & Benefits
Concealed cable solutions
- Designed to maintain positive latching even if alignment is not perfect due to changing door conditions
- Significantly less maintenance than traditional vertical rod
- Replacement parts are available- entire assembly can be removed and reinstalled while door is hanging in a matter of minutes
- For hollow metal and aluminum doors
- "U" shaped top latch with greater than 90-degree bolt-to-strike engagement provides greater strength and deadlocking without the need for an auxiliary latch or unsightly latch release hardware
- Should door sag, bottom latch can be repositioned in minutes by a single person without removing the door from frame
- Frequent adjustment is eliminated
- For wood doors
- Latches are designed for optimized door prep, retaining the structural integrity of the door
- Self-adjusting bottom bolt that deadlocks in any adjustment position providing enhanced security
- Fire-rated applications without the use of metal wraps
- BHMA certified to ANSI/BHMA A156.3 (2014) Grade 1 for exit devices
- UL panic and fire rated
- For a comprehensive list of device specifications and certifications, visit the Von Duprin product catalogs for more details.