98/99 Series and 33/35A Series Push Pads
The 98/99 and 33A/35A Series are high-performance heavy-duty push pads and offer many customizable options.
The 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series devices are heavy-duty push pads. All series devices have the same functionality, but have different dimensions. The 98/99 Series is wide stile, while the 33A/35A Series is narrow stile. Architectural design elements differ slightly as well.
The 98 Series and 35A Series devices have a smooth mechanism case, while the 99 Series and 33A Series have a grooved mechanism case. The 98/99 and 33A/35A Series have all been certified to the highest industry standards and are used in schools, hospitals and government buildings.
Features & Benefits
- The breadth of available options allows for tailoring to any facility’s needs
- Designed for high use and abuse in institutional applications like schools, hospitals and government facilities
- A variety of field-configurable options available
- Retrofit kits available to keep up with changing technology
- ANSI/BHMA A156.3 2014 Grade 1 certified
- ANSI/UL 10C (fire-rated only)
- ANSI/UL 305
- CAN/ULC-S104 (fire-rated only)
The 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series offer solutions for any single, double and double egress door. All devices can be ordered by adding the “-F” suffix.
- No suffix: rim devices
- 27: surface-mounted vertical rod
- 47: concealed vertical rod (5/8” bottom bolt)
- 47WDC: wood door concealed vertical rod
- 48: concealed vertical rod (1-1/2” bottom bolt)
- 49: concealed vertical cable
- 50WDC: wood door concealed vertical cable
- 57: 3-point latching
- 75:mortise lock devices
Functions & Trim
A variety of functions and trim options are available, but only the standard options are listed below. Refer to the 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series catalogs for more information.
- Classroom: the key locks and unlocks the lever or knob
- Dummy: the rigid mechanical trim for pull operation
- Exit only: no outside trim
- Passage: the lever or knob is always active
- Storeroom: the key retracts the latchbolt, the lever or knob is rigid
98/99 Series popular trims
- 990: pull trim, 5 standard functions:
- Classroom (TP)
- Storeroom (NL)
- Dummy trim (DT)
- Passage (TP-BE)
- Exit only (EO)
- 996: lever or knob trim, 4 standard functions:
- Classroom (L, K)
- Storeroom (L-NL, K-NL)
- Dummy (L-DT, K-DT)
- Passage (L-BE, K-BE)
33A/35A Series popular trims
- 360: lever or thumbpiece trim, 3 standard functions:
- Classroom (L, T)
- Passage (L-BE, T-BE)
- Dummy (L-DT)
- 386: pull trim, 2 standard functions:
- Storeroom (NL)
- Dummy (DT)
- 388: optional pull trim, 1 standard function:
Levers & Finishes
The 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series offer many choices for levers and finishes. Refer to the 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series catalogs for more information.
With the 98/99 and 33A/35A Series, the devices can be retrofitted to keep up with evolving technology with various retrofit kits. Refer to the 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series catalogs for more information.
Retrofitting an existing device
- CDSI/HDSI: security dogging indicators provide at-a-glance verification of the panic device status
- QEL: electronic latch retraction with limited operational noise
- Electronic switches: can be used as part of an access control system or in a standalone application
- Request to exit (RX)
- Latchbolt monitoring (LX)
Upgrading to a new device
- AX: an accessible device that is certified to meet the 5 lb. force requirements for the 2010 American Disabilities Act (ADA) (Chapters 404.2.7 and 30934) and 2013 California Building Code (Chapter 11B-309.4)
- CX: CHEXIT meets NFPA and IBC requirements for delayed egress; a standard device keeps doors secure for 15 seconds after a request to exit while a nuisance alarm sounds
- XP: patented 2-piece latchbolt design, available for 98/99 Series panic and fire applications
From mullions to powers transfers and strikes, the 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series offer a range of accessories to meet the evolving needs of any facility. Refer to the 98/99 Series and 33A/35A Series catalogs for more information.