Acuity™ Low-Iron Glass
New Acuity™ Glass by Vitro Architectural Glass provides an affordable low-iron solution and joins Starphire Ultra-Clear® Glass in the Vitro family of low-iron brands. Available with Solarban® solar control low-emissivity (low-e) coatings, Acuity™ Glass offers vivid views with no green cast.
Elevate aesthetics for just a modest investment, without sacrificing performance.
Where conventional clear glass was once a given-such as spandrel and vision glass applications-pure clarity is now within reach. New Acuity™ Glass by Vitro Architectural Glass (formerly PPG Glass) provides an affordable low-iron solution and joins Starphire Ultra-Clear® Glass in the Vitro family of low-iron brands. Available with Solarban® solar control low-emissivity (low-e) coatings, Acuity™ Glass offers vivid views with no green cast.Clarity, Plus Performance
When used with low-e coatings, Acuity™ Low-Iron Glass delivers neutral aesthetics, high visible light transmittance (VLT) and the performance you expect from Vitro high performance glasses-all without compromising stringent project budgets.
Coatings available on Acuity™ Low-Iron Glass starting in September 2018:
Additional coatings that will be available on Acuity™ Low-Iron Glass at a later date:
- Solarban® 60 Glass: On Acuity® glass, Solarban® 60 glass is visibly clearer and has a higher light transmittance than a conventional clear/clear low-e coated insulating unit.
- Solarban® 72 on Acuity™ Glass: The color-neutral aesthetic of the Solarban® 72 coating delivers unprecedented solar control and light transmittance to help strike the right balance between form and function.
- Solarban® 90 Glass: The latest evolution in solar control low-e glass, Solarban® 90 glass conveys a neutral appearance in both color and reflectance, whether viewed from the interior or exterior of a building. Combining advanced coating technology and refinements to proven triple-silver-coating technology, Solarban® 90 glass is the world’s first quad-silver-coated glass.
- Solarban® 67 Glass: On Acuity® glass, the neutral Solarban® 67 coating endows buildings with a clean, clear appearance that delivers a visual “pop.” Solarban® 67 glass transmits and reflects the timbre and brightness of ambient light and the surrounding environment with true color fidelity, especially with Acuity® glass as its substrate.
- Solarban® R100 Glass: Solarban® R100 glass is a neutral-reflective low-e glass that delivers a pure, cool blue-gray appearance when used on Acuity® glass. Because Solarban® R100 glass uniquely balances reflectivity and color-neutrality, it can function both as a privacy glass and as a material that harmonizes with spandrels and other building materials.