Constructed of heavier gauge materials for high security applications such as correctional facilities, banks, embassies and pharmaceutical buildings. Security Series roof hatches can be fabricated for field installation of many leading brands of security locks. Other options include security glazing and gunports (shown with optional detention lock, security glazing, and tnemic finish).Rep Finder Documents
Roof Hatch Models: Type S-20C, E-20C, NB-20C, S-50C, E-50C, NB-50CStandard Features and Benefits
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arms lock the covers in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on covers and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weathertightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
(select one): Steel: Cover and frame are 3/16" (5 mm) steel. Aluminum: Cover and frame are 3/16" (5 mm) aluminum.
Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25 mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11mm provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
Heavy-duty manganese bronze hinges
Factory prepared to receive a deadbolt detention lock (specify manufacturer and model #), supplied and installed by others in the field. Consult factory if an alternate lock is required
- Lift Assistance:
Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer. Aluminum: Mill Finish
Hardware: Type 316 stainless steel spring tubes with steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
U.S. Patents 5,960,596 6,347,818