Type D roof hatches provide a convenient way to install or remove large pieces of equipment from a building. Equipment access roof scuttles are available in steel, aluminum, and stainless steel construction. Hatches are custom fabricated to meet your size requirements (Note: larger sizes may require aluminum construction for proper operation).Rep Finder Documents
Roof Hatch Models: Type D-20, D-40, D-50Standard Features and Benefits
- Engineered with compression spring operators to provide smooth, easy, one-hand operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arms lock the covers in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Overlapping cover design, full welded corners on covers and curb, EPDM rubber gasket, and fully insulated cover and curb ensure weathertightness and energy efficiency
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy gauge construction and positive latching mechanism maintain building security
- Curb features the Bil-Clip® flashing system, an innovative method to quickly and easily secure single-ply roofing material to Bilco roof products
- Available in many sizes and curb configurations to satisfy any requirement or installation
Steel: Covers and frame are 14 gauge (2mm) G-90 paint bond galvanized steel.
Aluminum: Covers and frame are 11 gauge (2.3mm) aluminum.
Stainless Steel: Covers and frame are 14 gauge (2mm) type 304 stainless steel.
Brakeformed, hollow-metal design with 1" (25mm) concealed fiberglass insulation, 3" (76mm) beaded, overlapping flange, fully welded at corners, and internally reinforced for 40 psf (195 kg/m2) live load.
12" (305mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 3/8" (9mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
Single leaf: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps. Double leaf: Enclosed two point spring latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance:
Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
Steel: Alkyd base red oxide primer.
Aluminum: Mill Finish.
Stainless Steel: Type 304 stainless steel with bead blast finis
Steel: Engineered composite compression spring tubes with steel compression springs packed in grease. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
Aluminum: Engineered composite compression spring tubes. Steel compression springs with electrocoated acrylic finish. Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
Stainless Steel: Type 316 stainless steel.
U.S. Patents 5,960,596 6,347,818