Lumivent® - Daylighting Smoke Vent - Lumivent® - Daylighting Smoke Vent
Model: Lumivent® - Daylighting Smoke Vent
All the security and value of an automatic smoke vent with the added benefits of a skylight. The Lumivent® features a multi-wall polycarbonate cover design that resists UV degradation and offers superior insulation performance over traditional domes. Vents are available in aluminum construction and in a number of UL-Listed standard sizes.Rep Finder Documents
Automatic Fire Vent Model: Type LV with skylight covers
Sloped Cover Design Meets International Building Code Requirements
2012 IBC 2610.3
View Press ReleaseStandard Features and Benefits
- Thermolatch® II positive hold/release mechanism ensures reliable vent operation when a fire occurs. Automatically releases vent covers upon the melting of a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link. The curb-mounted fusible link housing allows the latch to be quickly and easily reset from the roof level.
- Engineered with powerful lifting mechanisms to open the covers in snow and wind conditions
- Heavy duty shock absorbers assure smooth opening and eliminate the possibility of operational, roofing or structural damage
- Fully insulated and gasketed for weather-tightness
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Available in a number of standard UL listed sizes
- Material: Cover and frame are 11 gauge (2.3 mm) aluminum
- Covers: Constructed with a translucent multi-wall polycarbonate sheet* framed with rigid extruded aluminum and coated for UV resistance. Glazing shall provide an R-factor of 2.38 per ASTM D236.
- Curb: 12" (305 mm) in height with integral capflashing, 1" (25 mm) fiberboard insulation, fully welded at corners, and 3-1/2" (89 mm) mounting flange with 7/16" holes (11 mm) provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Dual durometer, co-extruded, EPDM rubber gasket mechanically fastened to the top of the curb.
- Hinges: Heavy-duty stainless steel pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Positive hold/release mechanism controlled by a single UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link with a separate latching point for each cover. Designed to hold the covers closed against a 90 psf (438kg/m2) wind uplift force. Provided with interior and exterior pull release cables to manually open vent covers.
- Operation: High performance gas springs open covers automatically against a 10 psf (49 kg/m2) snow/wind load when released. Gas springs have integral dampers to assure a controlled rate of cover opening and have a cyclic durability of 50,000 cycles. Automatic hold-open arms lock each cover in the full open position.
- Performance Ratings: UL-listed. Covers with 4:12 slope to comply with International Building Code Requirements (2012 IBC 2610.3)
- Finish: Mill Finish
- Hardware: Gas springs have a powder coated outer tube and chrome plated inner rod. Hinges are type 316 stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
The Bilco Lumivent smoke vent was designed and tested to meet the requirements of UL 793. As part of this testing procedure, UL 793 requires that the polycarbonate covers be subjected to a 400 ft lb test and remain intact to meet the OSHA fall protection standard CFR 1910.23. The Bilco Lumivent smoke vent meets or exceeds these requirements. U.S. Patents 5,927,012 5,960,596 6,347,818
The Bilco Company
P.O. Box 1203
CT USA 06505
Tel: (203) 934-6363
Fax: (203) 535-1582
Tollfree: (800) 366-6530