Acousti-Tough Ceiling System
The Tectum Acousti-Tough Ceiling System is a suspended acoustical ceiling specifically designed for multi-purpose rooms and gymnasiums. Tectum panels are the only hard surfaced, durable panels that can take repeated blows from basketballs, volleyballs and soccer balls without cracking or breaking.
The Tectum Keep Clip, an integral part of the Acousti-Tough Ceiling System, holds the Tectum Ceiling Panels in place and helps reposition them after being struck, saving maintenance time and money in high ceiling areas. It is simple to install and permits full access to the plenum. Two sizes are available to accommodate panels from one inch to two inches thick. Panels must be square-edged, lay-in for this application. Aesthetics are not affected because the clip is invisible from below.
The Acousti-Tough Ceiling System is appropriate in a wide variety of abuse-prone applications:
- Recreational facilitiesto prevent stray balls from dislodging/ breaking ceiling panels.
- Exterior applicationsshopping centers, canopies, soffits, tunnels, parking ramps.
- Unsupervised corridors, locker rooms, garages and other areas to minimize maintenance.
NRC/Mountings - Noise Reduction
- Tectum Acousti-Tough Lay-In Ceiling Panels Acoustical (NRC) Data Download
- I-13 Tectum Acousti-Tough Lay-In Ceiling Panel Installation Instructions (Coming Soon)
- Grid Ceiling Panel Detail (Keep Clip Detail)
- Grid Ceiling Panel Sizes
- Acousti-Tough Ceiling System Detail (Keep Clip Placement)
ASTM E-84 - Flame Spread/Smoke Developed
Tectum Interior Ceiling Panels - 0 Flame Spread, 0 Smoke Developed
- Tectum Acousti-Tough Lay-In Ceiling Panels ASTM E-84 Test Results Download
SIZES & FINISHES
Acousti-Tough panels are available in 1", 1½" and 2" thicknesses. Panels must have a square edge on all four sides to accommodate the ceiling grid. The panels have a 23¾" width and are available in lengths of either 23¾" or 47¾". Tectum Acousti-Tough Panels are available in natural, painted white or custom colors, and can easily be field painted up to six times without losing their acoustical efficiency.
- 1" - 1.65 lbs./square foot
- 1½" - 2.55 lbs./square foot
- 2" - 3.50 lbs./square foot
- 1.75 per inch of thicknes
- ASTM C523 - Average Reflectance: .75
Tectum ceiling and wall panel measurements are plus or minus 1/8 - 1/4". Thicknesses are nominal. Panels that are to be butted must be beveled and will require field fitting or molding can be used to cover edges.
Tectum Acoustical Panels can be used over swimming pools and in open construction such as breezeways and open garages. They should not be installed where they will come in direct contact with water or condensation. Reveal edge panels (Tonico) should not be used for this purpose.
1" panels should not be used where the relative humidity will exceed 85%. Panels 1½" or thicker are not restricted by humidity conditions.
In all cases, the plenum must provide cross-ventilation to prevent condensation.
Acousti-Tough Lay-In Ceiling System (1 inch)
Acousti-Tough Lay-In Ceiling System (1-1/2 inch)
Acousti-Tough Lay-In Ceiling System (2 inch)
P. O. Box 3002
Newark, OH 43058
Tel: (740) 345-9691
Fax: (800) 832-8869
Tollfree: (888) 977-9691
Web site: http://www.tectum.com