Improves adhesion and bond strength of TEC® levelers to the subfloor. Also allows direct ceramic tile installation on many difficult-to-bond-to substrates such as metal, unscarified glazed ceramic and gypsum.* For peel and stick tile installation, primer can be used on dry, porous concrete, gypsum cement underlayments and plywood. May also be used to promote bond over cold-rolled steel substrates.
- One product for all substrates
- Easy to apply with brush or roller for non-porous surfaces, or push broom for porous surfaces
- Available in 1 quart and 1 gallon jugs, 5 gallon pails and 50 gallon drums.
- Contributes to LEED® project points
- Solvent-free, low VOC
* Certain installation requirements apply. See TEC® Product Data Sheet for more information, proper installation of products and limitations.
Just one in the long line of quality surface preparation products from TEC, the Multipurpose Primer provides the best in subfloor primers and floor preparation. This acrylic latex based primer is used with Tec self-leveling underlayment products as well as to enable bonding with thin set mortars. The TEC Multipurpose Primer is also approved for non-porous and porous substrates as well as is easily applied with a roller or brush, drying in less than 3 hours. It enables the installation of carpet, vinyl, ceramic tile, natural stone and can even be applied over gypsum underlayment. TEC’s floor preparation and surface prep products are now available at Menards, through distributors or local retailers near you.