LiquiDam EZ™ Moisture Vapor Barrier
LiquiDam EZ™ is a 1-part, highly-engineered, polymeric emulsion moisture mitigation formula. It is formulated to be applied to damp or new concrete, as little as 48 hours old with a moisture vapor emission rate (MVER) less than or equal to 25 lbs. per 1,000 ft2 per 24 hours (0.12 kg/m2 per 24 hours) or a maximum relative humidity of 100%. It is also designed to reduce the MVER from 25 lbs. to
3 lbs. per 1,000 ft2 per 24 hours (0.015 kg/m2 per 24 hours).
LiquiDam EZ™ is colored blue for visual assurance of coverage during the application process. Two coats are required to fully seal the substrate; and it quickly dries in as soon as 4-5 hours. Once dry, this product doesn’t require a primer before the application of TEC® surface preparation products. LiquiDam EZ™ is a moisture vapor barrier for the installation of floor coverings, tile, stone and concrete toppings. Ideal for use with other TEC® adhesives, patch, underlayment, leveler and mortar products.
- Direct application onto green concrete up to 100% RH
- 1-part, simply hand stir before use
- No primer required, before the application of surface preparation products
- No waste and no special handling required
- Mechanical preparation, such as shot blasting, may not be required, especially for clean, sound concrete (see Section 5 for Surface Evaluation and Preparation Guidelines)
- Can be installed over burnished concrete (see Evaluation Condition 3)
- Same day flooring installation - dries within 4-5 hours
- Less than 0.10 Perm Rating (ASTM E96)
- Low VOC. Contributes to LEED® project points
- 5 U.S. gallon plastic pails (18.93 L)