Paladin™ PW Series Flush Doors and Frames
The Paladin PW Series flush doors and frames assemble as a series to meet FEMA tornado shelter standards.
For protection from severe weather, the Paladin PW14 Series flush doors provide a strong and durable solution. When assembled as a system, PW14 Series flush doors and FP14 frames extend that protection, meeting Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) 320 and 361 guidelines and ANSI ICC500 standards for tornado shelters.
The PW14 Series doors are designed for internal or external applications and feature internal steel stiffeners welded to galvannealed steel face sheets for strength and corrosion resistance. Welded, full-height, mechanically interlocked edge seams and rigid end closures provide durability. Specifiable options include mechanical and electrical hardware preparations for exit hardware.
Features & Benefits
Structural core strength
- Steel-stiffened core construction with 18-gauge (0.042”) stiffeners welded to each face sheet for strength and corrosion resistance
- Full-height, epoxy-filled mechanical interlock edges at lock and hinge edges, with edge seams welded, filled and ground smooth, for structural support and stability across full door height
- 14-gauge [0.067” (1.7mm)] inverted top and bottom channels, with additional 12-gauge (0.093”) flush channel
- Standard A-60 galvannealed steel face sheets provide superior corrosion resistance on exterior openings
Ease of retrofit and installation
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow easy field conversion from standard weight .134” (3.3mm) hinges to heavyweight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- Beveled hinge and lock edges allow for tighter installation tolerances, ensure easier operation and eliminate binding and sticking
- Full-height lock side reinforcement channel ensures structural stability under extreme pressure conditions
Exceeds industry standards
- Meet ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI 100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003
- Locations meet ANSI/DHI A115
- FEMA compliance label is applied to all PW14 Paladin Series flush doors and FP14 frame system
- Are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing UL-10B and positive pressure standard UL-10C
- For compliance with standards, the PW14 Paladin door and FP14 frame must be supplied as a system
- Factory applied baked-on rust-inhibiting primer paint in accordance with ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)
UL (Underwriter's Laboratories) - Tornado and Hurricane
- Find "UL Category Code" and ender "ZHLL" for use in windstorm-related assemblies, or "ZHLA" for tornado assemblies
- Additional navigation detail
- ZHLL - Products for use in Windstorm-rated assemblies (Tornado & Hurricane)
- Go to page 3 for "Schlage Lock Co" and select "Link to File." From here, select to link to "3" under "Assembly No." for tornado single openings or select link to "4" for tornado paired openings
- You can also select "Von Duprin" or "Securitech" for approvals
- ZHLA - Windstorm-related assemblies (Tornado singles and pair assemblies)
- Single openings: Select link to "ZHLA.3" (Assembly No. 3)
- Paired openings: Select link to "ZHLA.4" (Assembly No. 4)
NOTE: The Authority Having Jurisdiction is the final authority in issues related to the installation and use of any building products.