H Series Flush Doors
The H Series lets customers select from a versatile range of design options and the doors still resist hurricane winds.
The H16 and H14 Series exterior flush doors provide attractive and versatile options while meeting Florida Building Code specifications for cyclic and static wind pressures and windborne debris impact loads.
Continuously bonded cores and full-height mechanically interlocked edge seams provide durability, with additional options covering edge construction, core variations and finishes. A versatile selection of design options also include glass lights, transom and sidelights, louvers, exit hardware and cylindrical or mortise single point locks. The H16 Series flush doors feature 16-gauge galvannealed steel for extra heavy-duty usage and the H14 Series flush doors feature 14-gauge galvannealed steel for maximum duty usage.
Features & Benefits
Structural core strength
- Full-height, epoxy-filled mechanical interlock edges provide structural support and stability across full height of door edges
- 14-gauge [0.067” (1.7mm)] top and bottom channels provide stability and protection for top and bottom edges from abuse
- A-60 galvannealed steel face sheets provide strength and stability
- Core systems to enhance structural integrity:
- Honeycomb (standard): 1” (25mm) cell kraft honeycomb configuration that increases structural integrity while reducing overall weight
- Polystyrene (optional): enhanced thermal performance
- Polyurethane (optional): extreme thermal performance
- Mineral board (optional): rigid, temperature rise control
- Steel-stiffened (optional): welded hat section stiffeners
- Screwed-in top caps provide additional weather protection to exclude water and debris from exterior outswinging doors
Ease of retrofit and installation
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow easy field conversion, from standard weight .134” (3.3mm) hinges to heavyweight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- Beveled hinge and lock edges allow for tighter installation tolerances, ensure easier operation and eliminate binding and sticking
- Recessed Dezigner™ glass trim provides a clean, neat and flush finish with door surface
- Full-height lock side reinforcement channel ensures structural stability and locking hardware functionality under extreme pressure conditions
Exceeds industry standards
- Meets ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI 100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003
- Locations meet ANSI/DHI A115
- 3/8” undercut is standard on all H Series doors, to accommodate hurricane code requirements
- Factory-applied baked-on rust-inhibiting primer paint in accordance with ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)
- Meets Florida Building Code test protocols TAS 201, TAS 202 & TAS 203
- Meets fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing UL-10B and positive pressure standard UL-10C
- A Florida Building Code label is applied to all H Series doors; an optional Miami-Dade County label is also available
Miami-Dade - Hurricane only
- Find the "Applicant" field
- Select "Schlage Lock Company, LLC" from the dropdown menu and click "Go"
- Select the desired PDF from the "NOA" column
Florida Building Code - Hurricane only
- Find the "Product Manufacturer" field
- Select "Schlage Lock Company, LLC" from the dropdown menu and click "Search"
- Select the desired link to view approvals
NOTE: The Authority Having Jurisdiction is the final authority in issues related to the installation and use of any building products.