FE and DE Series Double-Egress Frames
The FE and DE Series meet requirements for heavy- to extra heavy-duty applications in commercial and industrial buildings.
The FE Series double-egress frames meet requirements for interior heavy- to extra heavy-duty applications in commercial and industrial applications, for virtually all types of buildings and wall constructions.
The FE Series frames are specified as knock-down (KD) for field assembly before installation, or welded for installation as a complete unit. The DE Series frames allow for use of swing-clear hinges, an essential feature when local building codes maintain clear-width requirements (typically 44”).
Die-mitered corner connection ensures tight fit and assembly. Universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion. Frames are factory prepared for field-installed silencers.
Features & Benefits
Structural strength and ease of installation
- FE Series: attractive, tight and closed die-mitered corner connection; miter includes four corner tabs designed with concealed connection, eliminating need for continuous profile welding
- DE Series: die-mitered corner connection ensures tight fit and assembly; frame must be welded prior to installation
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard weight .134” (3.3mm) thick hinges to heavyweight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- Factory prepared for field-installed silencers
Exceeds industry standards
- Overall frame construction meets and exceeds ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI-100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003
- Locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- FE Series and DE Series drywall frames meet fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)