F and FN Series Three-Sided Flush Frames
The F and FN Series frames meet requirements for light- to maximum-duty applications in commercial and industrial buildings.
The F Series three-sided flush frames meet requirements for light- to maximum-duty applications for interior and exterior locations in commercial and industrial buildings. They are designed for installation as part of the wall framing sequence and may be specified and supplied as knock-down (KD) for field assembly prior to installation or welded for installation as a complete unit.
The FN Series three-sided flush narrow 1” (25mm) face frames meet requirements for light- to extra heavy-duty applications, while providing a slender, aesthetic face dimension.
A die-mitered corner connection includes four corner tabs designed with concealed connection, eliminating need for continuous profile welding.
Features & Benefits
Structural strength and ease of installation
- Attractive, tight and closed die-mitered corner connection; miter includes four corner tabs designed with concealed connection, eliminating need for continuous profile welding
- FN Series: narrow 1” (25mm) face provides slim appearance to door opening
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard-weight .134” (3.3mm) thick hinges to heavyweight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- F Series: adjustable base anchors allow for installation adjustment when floor is not level
- Factory prepared for field-installed silencers
Exceeds industry standards
- Overall frame construction meets and exceeds ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI-100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003
- Locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Meet fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)