DW and K Series Drywall Frames
The DW and K Series’ unique design assures quick, neat installation on finished drywall construction.
A unique tab/lock design and supplied knock-down (KD) corners assure that the DW Series and K Series drywall frames install in minutes on finished drywall construction. They are ideal for light- to heavy-duty applications in commercial and institutional buildings.
The DW Series frames are designed for interior drywall partition locations using baseboards. The K Series frames are designed for interior drywall partition locations not using baseboards. Die-mitered corner connections lock together once the frame is installed. Frames are factory prepared for field-installed silencers. The DW Series and K Series frames may be relocated without damage.
Features & Benefits
Structural strength and ease of installation
- Die-mitered corner connections lock together once the frame is installed; tab/lock design:
- Prevents head from rising
- Keeps head and jamb members in alignment
- Keeps miter tight
- Includes wedge-lock corner clips; screws are included to secure miter
- DW Series: adjustable base anchors allow for attachment directly to the wall sill runner and facilitate installation adjustment when the floor is not level
- K Series: sill attachment is made through the frame face, directly into the wall sill runner; frame is supplied with factory countersunk holes for screw attachment
- Factory prepared for field-installed silencers
Exceeds industry standards
- Overall frame construction meets and exceeds ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI-100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003
- Locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Meet fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory-applied baked-on rust inhibiting primer meets ANSI A250.10-1998 (R2004)