CE Series Embossed Panel Doors
The CE Series doors have a steel laminate core and continuous bonding to ensure strength, structural integrity and aesthetic appeal.
Premium construction combines strength and dimensional stability of steel with the structural integrity of a laminate core to ensure the CE Series, HD2 Series and HD2A Series embossed panel doors meet architectural requirements. Continuous bonding of core-to-steel face sheets provides an attractive, flat door, free of face welding marks. Full-height, epoxy-filled mechanical interlock edges provide structural support and stability.
Beveled hinge and lock edges allow tighter installation tolerances, ensure easier operation and eliminate binding and sticking. The CE Series doors are 1-3/4” (45mm) thick and offer a wide range of specifiable options covering sizes, glass light designs, optional edge constructions and mechanical, pneumatic and electrical hardware preparations.
Features & Benefits
Structural core strength
- Polystyrene core provides enhanced thermal performance
- Full-height, epoxy-filled mechanical interlock edges provide structural support and stability across full height of door edges
- Visible edge seam (standard): full-height, epoxy-filled mechanical interlocked edges
- Filled seam: optional edge seam epoxy filled and finished smooth; includes tack welds above and below edge cutouts for hinges, locks and more
- 14-gauge [0.067” (1.7mm)] inverted top and bottom channels provide stability and protection for top and bottom edges
- A-40 galvannealed steel face sheets provide strength and stability
Ease of retrofit and installation
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow easy field conversion from standard weight .134” (3.3mm) hinges to heavyweight .180” (4.7mm) hinges
- Beveled hinge and lock edges allow tighter installation tolerances, ensure easier operation and eliminate binding and sticking
- Recessed Dezigner™ glass trim provides clean, neat and flush finish with door surface
Exceeds industry standards
- Construction meets ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI 100)
- Hardware preparations and reinforcements meet ANSI A250.6-2003
- Locations meet ANSI/DHI A115, unless otherwise stated
- Meet the broadest fire rating requirements; they are listed for installations requiring compliance to both neutral pressure testing (ASTM E152 and UL-10B) and positive pressure standards (UL-10C)
- Factory applied baked-on rust-inhibiting primer paint in accordance with ANSI A250.10-1998
- Construction meets ANSI A117.1-1998 (ADA) requirements for minimum 10” (254mm) bottom rail height, measured from the floor