SL-16 Aluminum Flush Door
Aluminum Flush Doors offer lightweight beauty but arent light-duty
Special-Lite® SL-16 Flush Aluminum Doors provide an elegant, contemporary look, but also stand up to the most challenging environmental conditions such as high humidity or corrosive chemicals that quickly destroy hollow metal doors. This makes it the ideal choice for environments prone to moisture and chemicals. It is also available with stainless steel face sheets (SL-16SS) for sanitary environments such as hospitals, laboratories, and kitchens, and in smaller sizes with closed top and bottom rails (SL-165) for bathroom and shower stall doors.
Features and Benefits
- Stile and rail construction of extruded 6063-T6 aluminum alloys.
- Stiles and rails are joined with mitered corners and angle blocks secured by 3/8" diameter full-width galvanized steel tie rods.
- Standard and optional internal reinforcements provide secure attachment for the exact hardware specified.
- Face sheets are secured on all four sides by full-length integral reglets on the edges of the stiles and rails.
- Face sheets are aluminum .062" thick architectural-quality 5005 alloys, and are available in smooth, fluted, or embossed texture (max size = 48" x 108").
- Face sheets are also available in .125" thick aluminum skin in smooth texture only (max size = 48" x 108").
- Poured-in-place closed cell urethane core that is a minimum of 5-lb./cubic foot density.
- Doors can be supplied with hardware installed, reinforced only, or prepped for field installation of hardware.
- Face sheets can be painted with any of our 20 established Kynar® paint colors, any custom color or applied wood-look finish.
- Excellent design flexibility.
- GREENGUARD Certified.
At the Core of our Doors Strength is our Flush Doors Core
The poured-in-place urethane core of our SL-16 is not just a passive filler its a functional component that contributes significantly to the durability of Special-Lite® Aluminum Flush Exterior and Interior Doors. After the door has been completely assembled, the core material is injected using our proprietary foam injection technology, ensuring a complete fill with a minimum five pounds per cubic foot density.
This strong, lightweight, structural urethane foam bonds firmly to the rails, stiles, reinforcements and face sheets to transform the entrance door into a solid, completely sealed unit with incredible impact resistance and flexural strength. Our urethane foam wont absorb or be damaged by water.
The SL-16 Aluminum entry door features an aesthetically pleasing, aluminum finish available in smooth, fluted or embossed texture. This door withstands tough environments, improves security and increases energy savings. Building types include water and wastewater treatment plants, industrial facilities, hospitals, laboratories, kitchens, educational, restaurant and retail facilities.
P.O. Box 6
Decatur, MI 49045
Tel: (800) 821-6531
Fax: (800) 423-7610
Web site: http://www.special-lite.com