SL-15 Aluminum Wide Stile & Rail Door
Durability plus design flexibility in a full-vision door Special-Lite® Monumental Doors are proof that you don't have to sacrifice design flexibility when selecting a heavy-duty aluminum stile and rail door. Our monumental doors allow you to create the open and inviting full-vision entrance you want to welcome the public while providing the functionality, security and long service life you require.
Features and Benefits
- Wide Stile SL-15 features 4-3/4" (121mm) stiles.
- Top and bottom rails are 6-1/2" (165mm); an ADA-compliant 10" (254mm) bottom rail is also available.
- Stiles and rails are rugged one-piece 6063-T6 aluminum alloy extrusions with a minimum 1/8" (3.2mm) wall thickness to resist denting and provide secure attachment for hardware.
- Full-width top and bottom tie rods secured with hex nuts provide flexibility to withstand impacts that would break inflexible welds.
- True mortise and tenon joinery provides exceptional strength and transfers the weight of the glass and door directly to the hinge stile.
- Integral exterior glass stops in stiles and rails provide added security and strength. Glazing can be specified in 1/4" or 1" (6.4mm or 25mm) thickness.
- Special-Lite Monumental Doors are Class 1 (0.7mil/. 018mm) anodized aluminum finish, painted with any of our 20 established Kynar® paint colors, any custom color or wood-look finish.
- Maintenance-free anodized aluminum surfaces keep doors looking new.
- Our Monumental Stile and Rail Doors are corrosion resistant and keep their appearances like new with only routine cleaning with mild soap and water.
- Every mid-rail adds another tie rod to the door construction. For 12 mid-panels two tie rods are used.
- Heavy-duty, inviting full vision door with design flexibility.
- GREENGUARD Certified.
Mid-Rail Our Mid-Rail is a one-piece extrusion that further strengthens the door, separates the glass area into two sections for easier replacement, and can conceal touch bar exit devices from exterior view. We offer either 2-1/2, 4 and 6-1/2 (63.5mm, 102mm, and 165mm) wide mid-rails, which can be positioned horizontally, vertically, or both, and can be specified in contrasting finishes.
Mid-Panel A Special-Lite exclusive, our SL-484 Mid-Panel adds a nice design accent while protecting the center portion of the door in locations prone to heavy traffic. Our mid-panel is 12" (305mm) tall and features an aluminum frame, poured-in-place urethane core, and two 3/8" (9.5mm) galvanized steel tie rods at top and bottom, which add considerable strength and durability to the door. Our mid-panel can be fabricated with any of our available door face sheet material, finish and texture options. Custom options are available to add a logo to mid-panel.
Our Monumental Doors Are More Durable Than Welded Doors
We've engineered our monumental doors to stand up to the rigors of high-traffic entrances while avoiding unnecessary weight that would compromise entrance longevity. Our exclusive design provides durability and long life that you won't get from other stile and rail doors with welded corner construction.
The SL-15 aluminum stile and rail door offers functionality, security and long life. They're ideally suited for educational, institutional, commercial, hotel, restaurant, arenas or religious facility entrances subjected to high traffic.
P.O. Box 6
Decatur, MI 49045
Tel: (800) 821-6531
Fax: (800) 423-7610
Web site: http://www.special-lite.com