692 Series SmartBar™ Request-to-Exit
Schlage request-to-exit push bars enable immediate egress when properly installed per local code. The 692 Series SmartBar™ features no moving parts for long life.
Schlage request-to-exit devices are used on access controlled egress doors to ensure occupants are able to safely exit. They are a non-latching releasing device utilizing infrared detection to release electronic lock devices; most commonly an electromagnetic lock. Code requires that the locking mechanism on these doors can be released. This can be achieved by connection to a motion sensor to detect an approaching individual, by use of a clearly marked push button, fail safe configuration in case of power loss, or by activation of the building fire alarm/sprinkler/smoke detection system. It is important to confirm with the local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ), that access controlled egress doors are permitted and what specific code requirements exist for their use and installation.
Features & Benefits
- Patent-pending infrared detection along bar releases locking device when light beam is broken
- One motion egress when installed with electromagnetic or electrified locks
- Large “PUSH TO EXIT” lettering provides obvious exit indication with glow-in-the-dark option
- Low profile provides ample clearance through the door
- Audible alarm is standard
- Left- or right-hand reverse (field reversible)
- Field sized or orderable for 36", 42" or 48" doors
- For aluminum, hollow metal and wood doors
- No moving parts for low maintenance and long life
- Heavy-duty aluminum extrusion with cast metal end caps for maximum durability
- Quick installation brackets/universal mounting system
- 692-RD: Black touchpad with red "PUSH TO EXIT"
- 692-GID: Black touchpad with glow-in-the-dark "PUSH TO EXIT"
- Input voltage: 12 or 24 VDC maximum current draw .5 amps
- Switch: DPDT contacts rated 4 amps @ 30 VDC
- Wiring: 8 conductor cable - 20 AWG (standard)
- 628: Satin anodized aluminum (standard)
- 313: Dark satin bronze anodized aluminum
- Size: Field sized for 36", 42" or 48" doors
- Handing: Left- or right-hand reverse (field reversible)