Air-Channel® Star with Subfloor - Gym Floor System
Robbins Air-Channel Star system combines anchored laminated sleepers to provide a system with dimensional stability and superior performance. The Air-Channel Star sleepers are laminated and engineered to be less susceptible to physical changes due to moisture compared to solid softwood sleepers. Air-Channel Star is a proven performer and an excellent choice for your gymnasium project.
System Feature Buildup (top to bottom):
- Finish – MFMA approved Finish
- Gamelines – Compatible Gameline Paint
- Sealer – MFMA approved Sealer
- Flooring – 25/32″ Commodity Random Length(RL) or upgraded 25/32″ Continuous Strip® XL Finger-Jointed(FJ), MFMA Northern Hard Maple Strip Flooring
- Flooring Fastener – 2″(51mm) staples or cleats
- Subfloor – 1 layer of nominal 7/16″ or 15/32″ x 48″ x 96″, Exposure 1, structural rated sheathing
- Anchor – anchor spike and anti-squeak sleeve
- Sleeper – 7/8″ thick wide body sleeper
- Resilient Pad – 7/16″ Bio-Pad
- Vapor Retarder – 6-mil polyethylene film
- Wide-body, low-profile, engineered sleeper anchored uniformly to concrete substrate for enhanced stability.
- Engineered sleeper enhances performance, flexibility and uniformity and provides dramatic improvement over softwood subfloor components.
- Robbins’ patented “Posi-Anchor”™ built-in depth stop prevents shockpad over-compression, providing uniformity and stability.
- Optional 7/16″ (11mm) resilient EPDM Bio-Pad,™ for shock absorption and vibration control.
- Continuous subfloor provides uniformity and strength for large bleacher loads and portable backstops.
- DIN-certified—meets or exceeds all six DIN 18032-2 criteria for ball bounce, shock absorption, deflection, area of deflection, rolling load and surface friction.
- 2 1/2″(64mm) with 25/32″(20mm) thick Flooring
- 2 3/4″(70mm) with 33/32″(26mm) thick Flooring