Lead Backed Plywood
- 1/2" or 3/4" Fire Retardant ACX
- 1 to 3 day fabrication
- 17 standard Lead thicknesses
- Lead from 7'0" to 8'0" high
- Includes vertical batten strips
- Also available with custom color laminate faces
Ray-Bar Lead Backed Plywood is available on 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4" ACX Fire-Retardant. All Ray-Bar Lead Backed Plywood uses pure lead sheet meeting Federal Specification QQ-L-201 F, Grade C and ASTM B749-85, Type L51121 factory laminated under pressure to the back side of the plywood panel. It is custom manufactured to customer specifications, available as 12, 16, 24 and 48 wide, and is typically available in one day.
Ray-Bar Lead Backed Plywood is recommended for use in heavy lead installations for added structural integrity. Steel studs should be 12 on center and made of sufficient gauge steel (16ga or better). All heavy lead walls or ceilings must be calculated by a qualified and licensed structural engineer for structural load and weight distribution. Seismic considerations need to also be addressed where applicable.
* Important Note: Fire-resistant plywood should not be confused with fire-retardant surface coatings, because test requirements and code definitions are entirely different for each. Fire resistant plywood is pressure impregnated and carries a flame-spread rating derived by UL in the 30 minute ASTM E-84 flame-spread test. In this test, coatings are sprayed, brushed or rolled on the surface and flame tested for only 10 minutes. Fire retardant "coated" wood is superficially protected at best, and it does not meet code requirements for structural uses.
Ray-Bar Engineering Corporation
697 W. Foothill Blvd.
P.O. Box 415
Azusa, CA 91702-0415
Tel: 1(800) 444-XRAY, 1(800) 444-9729
Fax: 1(800) 333-XRAY, 1(800) 333-9729
Web site: http://www.raybar.com