Fire Protective Products
Fire protective glass contains a fire-rated glazing that protects against heat and smoke and is used for door, window and partition applications in commercial and medical buildings. Glass products treated with a fire protective glazing are rated in minutes, which determines how long the glass can contain flames and prevent the fire from spreading to other areas. Fire protective glass products are also manufactured to be impact resistant and can be used in applications involving X-ray and radiation protection.Fire Protective Glazing Solutions for Protection Against Flames and Smoke
Ray-Bar Engineering provides fire protective glazing solutions for commercial, medical and industrial applications, including shielding products. Our glass products are available in fire ratings ranging from 20 to 90 minutes and all our fire protective products, except for FireGlass 20 tempered fire glass, have passed the Hose Stream Test for resistance to thermal shock.
Our FireLite fire protective products are resistant to flames and smoke but do not provide protection from radiant heat. For applications requiring protection from smoke, flames and thermal heat transfer, view our Fire Resistive Products.
Before choosing your fire protective glass products it is always important to confirm your application's fire rating requirements prior to submitting your quote request.
Our Fire-Lite NT and FireLite-Plus products are typically ready to ship in only 3 business days.FireGlass20 - Tempered Fire Glass (for 20 minute rated doors only)
Please note that our FireGlass 20 Tempered Fire Glass is 20-minute rated glass is for installation into door frames only. It does not provide a protective barrier to radiant heat, nor has sit passed the hose stream test. it is a clear and affordable option for 20 minute rated door vision glass applications.FireGlass 20 Features
FireGlass20 Certifications, Listings and Approvals
- 1/4” thick
- 20-minute fire rating (without hose stream test) in doors with a maximum exposed area of 3,204 square inches with maximum dimensions of 36” wide and 89” high
- Tempered for safety and 4x stronger than wired glass
- 89% visible light transmission
- Available in insulated glass units (IGU) for Low-E, Tinted, Reflective, 1-Way Mirror and X-Ray Protection glass products
- UL Listed/Classified and permanently labeled
- Meets ANSI Z97.1 and CPSC 16CFR1201 (Cat I and Cat II) impact safety rating
- UL File R13377, testing to UL 9. UL 10B, UL 10C, and NFPA 252 (without hose stream test)