Fire Rated Lead Board
Fire Rated Lead Board
UL and ULC tested,listed and labeled Ray-Bar Lead Backed 5/8" Gypsum Board Drywall type "RB-LBG" available in 8 standard protective lead thickness levels and over 30 types of board including Moisture,Mold and Abuse Resistant for 1 Hour and 2 Hour Fire Rated X-Ray Shielded Wall System Assemblies currently available in over 28+ UL and ULC approved lead lined fire rated partition designs including standard primary lead lined UL partition design U430 meeting the Fire Resistance requirements and testing procedures of ANSI/UL 263 and ASTM E119.Fire Rated Lead Backed Drywall
- Standard 5/8" Fire-Rated, U.L. labeled, type RB-LBG
- Also available in 1/2" drywall without UL classification
- Includes vertical batten strips and lead discs for screw penetrations
- Typically one day fabrication
- 12 standard lead thicknesses
- Lead from 7'0" to 10'0" high
- Optional Mold Resistant, Abuse Resistant, High Impact and other specialized board types
Ray-Bar’s fire-rated, 5/8" lead lined sheetrock (type RB-LBG) is the first and original U.L. Labeled and Classified Fire Rated Lead Backed Drywall and Partition System to meet U.S. and Canadian Safety Standards for 1 hour and 2 hour fire-rated partition applications with pure lead sheet meeting Federal Specification QQ-L-201 F, Grade C and ASTM B749-03, Type L51121 factory laminated under pressure to the back side of the gypsum panel. Our lead backed drywall is custom manufactured to customer specifications and is typically available in one day.
RB-LBG labeled Fire Rated Lead Backed Gypsum Board (RB-LBG), shielding components, and related wall systems or partitions assemblies are tested in accordance with ANSI / UL 263, ASTM E119 and NFPA 251 "Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials" and Canada's CAN / ULC-S101 "Standard Methods of Fire Endurance Tests of Building Construction and Materials" on gypsum board panels meeting ASTM C1396 and in compliance with all currently applicable UBC and IBC building code requirements (see complete marking on product).
Ray-Bar offers more combinations than any other manufacturer, with over 7 different wall board types where two or more protective aspects are required, such as x-ray protection/fire-resistant and moisture-resistant, mold-resistant, abuse-resistant, security, or other applications available as required or specified by your project architect.
Regulatory authorities, code enforcement personnel and responsible builders value the UL mark and UL's experience as a leader on safety issues. With public safety at the heart of UL's mission, they act as a safety resource and advocate for proper building and construction material safety code compliance. With 110 years as one of the world's leading product safety testing and certification organizations, Underwriters Laboratories (UL) is synonymous with safety. The UL mark is the most recognized and trusted symbol of safety in the world, and Ray-Bar is proud to have earned the right to bear the UL mark on its fire rated lead lined sheetrock.
- All partition lead shielding must be bonded to rigid panel drywall or plywood to prevent "cold-flowing".
- Lead backed drywall lead shielding must be a minimum of 7'0" (84") high (more may be specified by your physicist).
- All lead backed drywall must be installed vertically.
- All penetrations must be backed with sheet lead of the same thickness as required for the wall or partition. (Penetrations include electrical boxes, outlets, conduit, pipes, plumbing, ducts, medical gas lines, HVAC, air, etc.)
- Framing is performed by the customer’s licensed contractor. The metal stud system must be a minimum of 20ga steel stud (i.e.: 18ga, 16ga, 14ga, etc.) and no more than 16" on center spacing or less (i.e.: 12" on center) for proper support.
- Standard steel screw fastener spacing will apply per code (8" on center perimeter and 12" on center field U.O.N.).
- Steel screw fastener type must be a minimum of 1-1/4" length type S-12.
- Have your licensed project structural engineer review and specify the framing system and fasteners required for all weights, proper structural support, load, shear, seismic and all other considerations as required by applicable building and safety codes, laws and regulations in your area.