Accessories for Shielded Walls
For Metal or Wood Stud Framing Systems
- Disks/plugs/caps/tabs for screw fastener penetrations
- Batten strips for vertical joints
- 90° angle strips for inside or outside vertical corners
- Sheet lead backing material for any wall penetrations
- Shielded access panels for maintenance access openings.
- Shielded floor thresholds for under doors
- Ray-Bar "retro-fit" shielded wall products
- Shielded screw cap covers for new screw penetrations into existing shielded walls
- Shielded wall penetration patch kits for inside wall cavity or outside wall surface, please specify lead value
- Adhesive backed lead foil strips 2" wide X 0.0068" thick for low x-ray energy applications
- Flexible shielding materials and seals for shielding expansion joints
- Shielded electrical box cover plates for duplex "single gang" receptacles or quadraplex "double gang" J-box
- Lead Installers Basic Handling Kits basic protective gear for installers only, not for abatement
Ray-Bar Lead Lined Access Panels
Ray-Bar Shielded Access Panels are for maintenance access in shielded walls, partitions and ceilings. These units are internally lead lined for radiation protection in medical centers and hospital hospital imaging room installations. They can also be used in remodels to safely access and service utilities. Access Door and Frame are fabricated from 16 gage galvannealed steel with a "ready to paint" prime coat.
Lead lining available in 1/64" (1#), 1/32" (2#), 1/16" (4#), 3/32"(6#) and 1/8"(8#) standard thicknesses to meet the shielding requirement in the wall, partition or ceiling that the access is required.
Higher lead protection thicknesses are available upon request.
Frame is one piece construction with 1" wide perimeter flange that provides proper shielding overlap of the rough opening. Wall frame is provided with 1/4" mounting holes for fastening within the furred spaces which provides easy installation.
Heavy duty Concealed Pivoting Rod Hinge is standard on small access doors.
A heavy duty continuous piano hinge is provided on doors 24" or larger.
Standard Latch is screwdriver operated. Optional secure key locking device.
Standard shielded access panel sizes are: 6" x 6", 8" x 8", 10" x 10" ,12" x 12", 14" x 14", 16" x 16", 18" x 18", 20" x 20" and 24" x 24". *Custom sizes available.
Rough Openings are 1/2" larger than access door order size.
I.E. 12" x 12" requires 12-1/2" x 12-1/2" rough opening hole in wall.
Ray-Bar Shielded Electrical Boxes
Shielded Electrical Square or rectangular outlet and switch boxes "good in stock":
- Standard 1/32" (2#), 0.79mm and 1/16" (4#) 1.58mm lead lining
- 4" high x 4" wide x 2" deep double-gang electrical box with knock-outs for installation in lead shielded ceilings or walls for lighting fixtures, switches, outlets or receptacles
- 3" high x 2" wide x 2-1/2" deep single-gang electrical box with knock-outs for installation in lead shielded ceilings or walls for lighting fixtures, switches, outlets or receptacles
Ray-Bar Shielded Screw Cap Covers
Ray-Bar's Shielded Screw Cap Covers are utilized for shielding and encapsulating new screw penetrations. They provide an easy to install retro-fit option for existing lead shielded walls, partitions or when adding cabinets or other surface mounted accessories. They meet the required lead shielding while safely encapsulating the lead and screw head penetration in an aesthetically pleasing hinged and locking PVB cap. Caps are available in white, brown, black, grey or beige with either 1/32"(2#) or 1/16"(4#) lead lining for covering standard #6, #8, #10 and #12 and Metric size M3, M4 and M5 screws. These shielded screw covers are ideal for round head, pan head, truss head, rivets and other standard "flat bottomed" fastener heads.
Ray-Bar Shielded Corner Guards
Ray-Bar's Shielded Corner Guards are available in 4 standard styles with 1/32" or 1/16" lead lining. This retrofit vertical surface application is easy to install to finished outside wall corners. They provide permanent radiation shielding with an attractive finish that is easy to clean, yet very durable.
Ray-Bar Modular Shielded Plywood Panels
- Easy to install or disassemble for retrofit applications
- Fast 3 to 5 day fabrication
- 15 standard Lead thicknesses
- Sizes from 7'0" to 8'0" high
- Includes vertical batten strips and screw cap covers
- Many Laminate colors and styles to select from
Ray-Bar Modular Radiation Shielding Panels are custom fabricated to your specifications available in standard 4'0" x 7'0" (48" wide x 84" high) and/or 4'0" x 8'0" (48" wide x 96" high). There are 11 different stock commercial thicknesses of pure lead sheet meeting Federal Specification QQ-L-201 F, Grade C and ASTM B749-85, Type L51121 and as specified by your project radiation physicist or expert as defined by NCRP or ICRP, and based on your specific shielding needs.
These proprietary panels are available in all current plastic laminate colors and pattern design faces such as Wilsonart, Nevamar or Formica. Also available in abuse resistant and easy to clean surfaces such as Kydex or Acrovyn for longer life and durability. There are a variety of standard Kydex or Acrovyn colors, patterns and designs to choose from. These panels are constructed as components that smoothly integrate together in an assembly or portable radiation protective shielding system.
Ray-Bar Modular Shielding Panels are designed to be rapidly assembled and erected as portable shielding or temporary barriers. They can be transported to different locations in the medical or industrial facility or left in place as a permanent application in your facility. The system has all components necessary for shielding continuity and easy assembly with basic construction knowledge, skills and tools to install over your new or existing room walls. Includes 2 wide batten strips and screw cap covers. Screw cap covers available only in four (4) standard colors: white, black, tan and silver.
Ray-Bar Shielded HVAC Diffusers
Ray-Bar Shielded HVAC Diffusers are available exclusively from Ray-Bar in a variety of sizes and configurations to meet your air volume (CFM) and shielding requirements. These specialized vent covers offer a superior alternative and replace the need for heavy oversized sheet lead shielding around duct penetrations in ceilings or walls. They are also available to meet low noise requirements and high security designs. Contact Ray-Bar directly for more information.
X-Ray Safety and Radiation Warning Signs
For assisting in medical and industrial x-ray warning safety requirements and identifying restricted access areas. Custom signs available upon request.
Ray-Bar Engineering Corporation
697 W. Foothill Blvd.
P.O. Box 415
Azusa, CA 91702-0415
Tel: 1(800) 444-XRAY, 1(800) 444-9729
Fax: 1(800) 333-XRAY, 1(800) 333-9729
Web site: http://www.raybar.com