CounterSafe® Rolling Shutters
CounterSafe® Security Shutters may be solid slat, or more commonly, with the perforated Punch 51 slat to enable airflow between the pharmacy and the store without any sacrifice in security.
Side Folding Grilles may have curved top tracks for open pharmacy configurations and the curtain stack is often hidden in a side pocket.
QMI rolling shutters may be up to 30 feet (9.1 m) wide and up to 15 feet (4.6 m) tall to protect most straight line applications.
QMI’s LX6 Rolling Shutter utilizes clear polycarbonate inserts which are 250x stronger than glass, yet provides maximum visibility.
Kiosk & Counters
CounterSafe rolling shutters are perfect for protecting valuable merchandise that is kept behind a counter. Perfect for preventing theft, CounterSafe shutters are used in pharmacies, press boxes, stadiums, concession stands, food counters, and much more.
Rolling counter shutters provide a security barrier that is quick to deploy and easy-to-use. QMI counter shutters can be installed on the interior of the application to give it a sleek look.
The counter shutter can be securely locked with a slide bolt or keylock, which deploys a locking bolt sideways into the mortised side rails, keeping the counter clear. Push-up/pull-down operation is easy to deploy, enabling employees to secure an area in just a few seconds.
Shutter Controls & Options
QMI shutters have a non-slip hinge, which allows for the use of a torsion spring inside the tube opposite the control mechanism.
The spring assist has many advantages to standard shutter controls.
Manual Gear / Crank
The spring assist neutralizes the weight and enables gear operation for larger shutters and requires less effort to rotate the hand crank.
- up to 65 sq ft (6.5 sq meters)
Manual Push-up / Pull-down
Where most shutters require motors, the QMI spring-operated shutter allows for push up/pull down operation. This saves on both shutter and electrical costs. Large spring-operated shutters are useful for entry doors, as egress (life safety) issues are not a concern. Simple base-slat locks enable security, but allow for escape during fire or power failures. Spring operation is available up to 130 sq ft (13 sq meters) without motors or gears.
Solar Powered Operation
Enjoy energy savings from a roller shutter that does not add to your energy cost. Because of its spring-loaded tube, QMI shutters require less power for operation. This makes it possible to operate with a solar-powered battery.
Motorized with Line Voltage (120v) (220v)
The torsion spring allows for smaller motors and extends motor life. It also acts as a safety feature that prohibits a failed motor to allow a shutter curtain to free-fall.
- up to 170 sq ft (16,2 sq meters) w/tube motors
- up to 300 sq ft (30 sq meters) w/external motors
Hz/RTS Remote Control
- Available in single and multi-channel applications
- No need to aim the control at the motorized window covering, the radio signal travels through walls similar to a garage door opener
- Provides the ability to control motorized window coverings individually and/or by group with one control
- Offers a range of 65 ft (22 m) for easy operation
EZ Drive Low Voltage Motor (14.4v)
- One smart drive controller operates multiple shutters
- Rechargeable battery power - no worries about power failure
- Solar use possible
- up to 65 sq ft (6.5 sq meters)
Housings, Side Tracks & Curtain Colors
- Custom colors available with additional lead time. Not all colors are available in all styles.
- Consult actual manufacturer product samples for exact color representation.
Box Housing Styles
QMI Security Solutions
1661 Glenlake Ave.
Itasca, IL 60143
Tollfree: (866) 980-1744
Tel: (630) 529-7111
International: 00 1 630 529 7111
Web site: http://www.qmiusa.com