Pilkington Pyrostop® Fire Rated Glass
A range of clear insulating products that offers the highest levels of fire resistanceOverview
Pilkington Pyrostop® is a clear, laminated, fully insulating fire-resistant safety glass that offers the highest level of fire protection while effectively blocking the transmission of conductive and radiant heat, and maximizing natural light and visibility.Applications
Pilkington Pyrostop® is designed for interior and exterior use where thermal protection is officially required in the case of fire up to class EI 180. Available for use with steel, aluminium and timber frames as monolithic types or Insulating Glass Units. Pilkington Pyrostop® is ideal – vertically installed – for use in transparent fire walls, windows, doors, screens, partitions and facades or – inclined installed – for roof glazing (special type) and horizontal glazing (special type).
Today, large areas can be glazed using fire rated glass for doors, partitions, lot lines, atriums, stairwells, storefronts, floors and roof facade elements allow fire safety designs in buildings flooded with daylight. Pilkington Pyrostop® replaces opaque constructions which excluded daylight and rule out such spacious and impressively open architectural design options.
- Extensively tested clear fire protection
- Provides proven integrity and insulation for up to 180 minutes when used in a suitable, tested glazing system, restricting the spread of flames, smoke and hot gases and effectively blocking the transmission of conductive and radiant heat from the fire
- Special clear intumescent interlayers, reacting to form a rigid, opaque, visual barrier to flames, helping to reduce panic and fear during evacuation of the building
- Maximum light transmission for thicker versions that use Pilkington Optiwhite™ low iron glass
- Totally clear, unobstructed vision
- Impact safety
- Provides effective noise control
- Can be combined with other functional glasses for greater flexibility
- Available in different types for internal or external use
- Available in monolithic or Insulating Glass Unit form.