Piping: Low / Medium Temp. Insulation
Low Temperature Piping Insulation
Piping systems that operate at below ambient temperatures, present special considerations due to the possibility of water vapor migration to the cold pipe surface. ASJ Max FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation has a durable, cleanable encapsulated-paper jacket that doesn’t support mold or mildew growth. VaporWick® Pipe Insulation is specifically designed for piping systems that operate at below ambient temperatures. The patented concept wicks condensed water away from the pipe to where it can evaporate, keeping the insulation dry.
Medium Temperature Piping Insulation
Medium Temperature Piping includes piping systems that operate from ambient temperatures to 1000 degrees. The hinged sections of FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation are opened, placed over the pipe, carefully aligned, and sealed or jacketed as required by the form of the insulation and the application. No Wrap FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation is designed for field-jacketing with pipe covering secured by wires or bands, vapor sealed where required.
FIBERGLAS™ Pipe and Tank Insulation
- High compressive strength with a vertical fiber orientation.
- ASJ Max vapor retarder jacket.
- Fits all pipes, tanks and vessels 10" NPS (250mm DN) and larger.
FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation
- ASJ Max jacket resists/sheds water when exposed to intermittent, short duration precipitation during construction.
- The SSL® Max closure system was developed specifically to work with the ASJ Max jacket to provide a tight, reliable seal that doesn’t need glue or staples.
- FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation's low thermal conductivity contributes to lower operating costs of heating and cooling equipment.
- The flame spread rating of 25 or less and smoke developed rating of 50 or less means it will be granted immediate building code approval.
VaporWick® Pipe Insulation
- Innovative new insulation product designed specifically for below-ambient temperature applications in severe hot/humid operating environments.
- Keeps insulation dry by using a specially designed wicking material that absorbs condensed water from the pipe surface and wicks it to the outside.
- Ideal for dual temperature installations because it is rated for operating temperatures which range from 32 degrees F to 220 degrees F.
- Meets model code fire requirements with a flame spread rating of 25 or less and a smoke development rating of 50 or less. This means the product will be granted immediate building code approval for use in air plenums and other critical locations.
- Excellent thermal value which contributes to a lower operating costs at a favorable installed cost/performance ratio.
- Can be installed directly over wet piping so systems dont need to be shut down during the products installation.
- Has a self-sealing lap seal with no need for staples or mastic.
- Meets requirements for mold and fungi resistance by providing no sustenance for mold to propagate.
Flexwrap® FIBERGLAS™ Insulation
- Cost effective alternative tolarger sized pre-formed pipe insulation.
- Fits all pipes and equipment of 10" NPS and larger.
- The continuous blanket of material easily wraps tanks, pipes and irregular shaped objects without the efficiency losses related to strip delamination of fabricated and segmented wrap.
- Low thermal conductivity compared to segmented products.
- Available in rolls 48" in width and thicknesses from 1 ½" to 3".
ASJ Max FIBERGLAS™ Pipe Insulation
- Maximum operating temperature 1,000°F (with heat-up schedule).
- Most sizes 3” and smaller fit over copper press fittings without filleting.
- Available in a variety of thicknesses from 1/2" to 5” to cover pipes 1/2" to 33” diameter.
- No jacket and is intended for field installation with jacketing appropriate to the vapor control, damage, or corrosion resistance requirements of the application.
- Durable, cleanable, encapsulated-paper jacket doesn't support mold or mildew growth.
- Resists/sheds water when exposed to intermittent, short-duration precipitation during construction
- Higher puncture resistance and less wicking/curling than standard ASJ.
- Accepts paint and mastic as well as standard ASJ.
- The SSL® Max closure system was designed with advanced adhesives to work specifically with the new jacket to provide a tight, reliable seal that doesn't need glue or staples.
- Outstanding long-term bond as acrylic adhesive "grows" on the jacket during the 48-hour wet out period.
- Available in select metric sizes for use with Aquatherm® piping systems.
One Owens Corning Parkway
Toledo, OH 43659
Tel: (800) 438-7465
Web site: https://www.owenscorning.com/commercial