Fire-Rated Commercial Rolling Counter Doors
Our fire rated counter and fire rated integral frame counter doors are commonly used in applications requiring additional safety, including factories, schools, concessions, hospitals, cafeterias and retail settings.
Fire-Rated Counter Doors
The 640 and 641 Series doors are ideal for openings requiring a counter-type fire-rated door. Common applications include factories, schools, concessions, hospitals, cafeterias and retail settings.
Standard labels are available in a 3 hour UL Class A label for masonry applications, or a 1-1/2 hour UL Class B label for non-masonry fire walls (a 3 hour non-masonry UL label is available upon request). These doors are designed to expand upward in a fire, allowing the guides to be installed flush with the sill. Their compact, box-like form also provides an attractive finished appearance that requires minimum side room. The 640 Series has exposed components made of primed galvanized steel while the 641 Series exposed components are of stainless steel.
Integral Frame & Sill Fire Counter Doors
The 660 / 661 / 662 Series integral frame counter fire doors provide a handsome finished appearance for a variety of applications, including food service counters. Available for opening sizes up to 9' x 4' (2743.2 mm x 1219.2 mm), these doors carry a 1-1/2 hour UL Class B label and are factory assembled as a complete unit with fully welded frames. The frame comprises 16-gauge jambs and header, and is complemented by a 14-gauge sill, plus hood and fascia. Added protection features, such as the Fire Sentinel® are available.
Overhead Door Corporation offers a wide array of rolling steel doors to meet the most demanding fire safety standards, unusual opening sizes and discerning aesthetic requirements. Designed to close automatically in the event of a fire or alarmed event, our fire-rated doors are available for service door and counter applications in commercial, industrial, institutional and retail projects.
For more information on Overhead Door Fire Door products, please call Overhead Door Corporation Rolling Steel Technical Service at (800) 929-4692.
- Wide range of sizes and styles meet or exceed industry fire safety testing standards including Underwriters Laboratories (UL & ULC), Factory Mutual (FM), New York City, and the State of California (CSFM) requirements
- Doors are compliant with all NFPA-80 standards
- Constructed of galvanized or stainless steel in a variety of gauges, slat designs and finishes for unsurpassed strength, durability and style
- Door closes automatically under governor control after separation of fuse link. UL recommends a 165°F (74°C) fuse link for ambient conditions for 100°F (38°C) or less, or a 212°F (100°C) fuse link for ambient conditions over 100°F (38°C)
- Door guide assembly rests on the sill or floor to provide an attractive finished appearance eliminating setup gaps. Guides expand upward during a fire
- Our rolling service fire doors can accommodate openings up to 41'2 wide (12547.6 mm) or 25'4 (7721.6 mm) high (max. 683 sq ft or 63452776 sq mm) with up to a 4-hour UL rating
- Counter fire doors fit openings to 14' (4267.2 mm) wide and 10' (3048 mm) high with either a 3-hour or 1 1/2-hour UL rating, and are optionally available with a 1 1/2-hour rated plastic laminated countertop
- Integral frame and sill counter fire doors with a 1 1/2-hour UL rating afford a handsome finished look
- Motor operated counter fire door does not require tension reset after automatic fire release
- Operation: Options include push-up, chain hoist, crank and electric motor (fire doors: RHX® or RSX® ; fire counter doors: CDX)
- UL-listed FireLite® vision lites in 4-, 3-, and 1 1/2-hour labels allow visual access without compromising safety
- Additional safety options include the Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device, photoelectric or ionization-type smoke detectors (with or without heat detector), as well as solid-state horn, strobe or voice enunciators
- Windload options are available for Florida Building Code (FBC), Miami-Dade, Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- UL-listed brush-type smoke seals satisfy smoke retardation requirements
- Firestop® fire-resistant core countertops covered with popular brands of decorative laminates allow coordination of project design elements for use with counter fire doors
- PowderGuard Finish offers a full spectrum of up to 215 colors as well as color-matching to specification
Overhead Door Corporation.
2501 South State Highway 121,Suite 200
Lewisville, TX 75067
Tel: (800) 275-3290
Fax: (972) 906-1499
Web site: http://www.overheaddoor.com