Solar Panel Bird & Pest Exclusion
This clip and wire mesh system prevents pest birds and animals from getting behind the solar panels and damaging the electrical or mechanical systems. The black PVC coated wire with 1/2" mesh is fastened to the outside perimeter of the panels with a specialized clip that slips over the lip of the solar panel frame. Use a clip every 18" or less. This no drill solution provides long lasting and discreet exclusion.
The Solar Panel Exclusion products allow the maximum amount of air flow into and out of the area under the solar arrays. Along with birds & squirrels, it keeps out debris that could get stuck under the solar array and create a fire hazard.
Item # Description
WMPVC100 Black 1/2” mesh, 6”x100’ roll
SP CLIP10 Solar Panel Exclusion Clips 10 ct bag
SP CLIP100 Solar Panel Exclusion Clips 100 ct bag
Solar Panel Exclusion Quick Specs:
- Patent pending clips are UV stable and won't scratch panels
- Clips slip over the lip of the solar panel framework - NO drilling
- Install clips every 18" around the perimeter of the solar arrays
- Cut the mesh to fit around objects or roof tile shapes
- Clips are available in 10 or 100 count bags
Steps to install the Solar Panel Exclusion system:
- Put the clip end of the fastener onto the panel edge underneath the panel. Use a clip every 18" or less. Slide as far outward as possible so the clip is seated against the lip of the panel.
- Set the wire mesh screen in place. Make sure the fastener rod comes through the screen at an upward angle to keep pressure of the screen on the rooftop.
- Slide the speed washer onto the shaft of the clip assembly until snug. Make adjustments to the screen as needed. Tighten the speed washer to the panel edge.
- Cut off any excess mesh screen sticking over the top edge of the solar panel array. Cut off the clip assembly rod flush with the exterior of the speed washer.
- Where the corners come together use two pieces of mesh screen. DO NOT try to bend the screen to go around the corner. Attach the corners together using thin bailing wire or UV rated zip ties.