LightBasic Wall Systems
LightBasic translucent wall systems from Major Industries are the perfect balance of economy and performance, delivering outstanding sun control at an economical price.
What makes LightBasic different from other translucent panel systems? LightBasic offers a simplified aluminum framing system and acrylic-based AcrylitGC® face sheet. Its a unique blend of performance and price thats aimed at budget-conscious buyers who demand an economical translucent daylighting system that will hold up under a variety of conditions.
Perfectly suited for office spaces, schools, libraries, manufacturing centers and other locations where glare-free light is instrumental to occupant performance and comfort, LightBasic translucent panel wall systems are a good fit for both new and retrofit construction, and can be custom-designed to fit your specific needs and requirements.
LightBasic is a value-engineered translucent panel wall system that emphasizes economy and is a durable and option for tight budgets.
LightBasic comes standard with an economical AcrylitGC® face sheet. Created by Glasteel, the second largest manufacturer of FRP products in North America, AcrylitGC® features 100% pure acrylic resin, fiberglass reinforcement, and gel coat protection on both sides to help resist weathering and fiberbloom as well as to provide uniform diffusion of natural light. LightBasic systems also feature:
- Systems available in 2.75" thick panels, with panel sizes up to 5' x 20'
- Translucent panel wall systems are much lighter than comparable glass systems, which reduce structural requirements.
- Available in two standard sheet colors White and Crystal.
- Classic grid layouts include In-line Shoji, Staggered Shoji and Tuckerman patterns in sizes from 6"x 6" up to 12" x 24".
- Two available energy-saving translucent insulation options can be added to LightBasic systems for enhanced thermal performance.
- Center of panel U-factors as low as .17.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficients as low as .14.
- Optional poured and debridged structural polyurethane thermal breaks available.
- 5 year color change and 10 year fiberbloom warranties standard.
- Available with a full range of long-lasting AAMA 2604/2605 Kynar® coatings and AAMA 603.8 anodizing colors to meet your aesthetic needs.
- May contribute to LEED® credits.
- Designed with a maximum allowable deflection of L/120 for a stronger, more watertight system.
PO Box 306
Wausau, WI 54402
Tel: (888) 759-2678
Fax: (715) 842-4616
Web site: http://www.majorskylights.com