UltraLayer Insulating Underlayment
UltraLayer for ceramic or porcelain tile floors. For ceramic tile use latex modified thin set mortar both below and above the UltraLayer . The sub-floor and installation materials must be in accordance with industry standards as outlined by the National Wood Flooring Association for wood floor applications, the Tile Council of America for ceramic and porcelain tile and natural stone applications.
The randomly air-laid filaments create a capillary affect to cushion the floor and absorb impact sound. The 1/8 thickness helps smooth out little subfloor imperfections. When used with ceramic, the elasticity of UltraLayer resists the transferring of concrete subfloor cracks through to the tile or grout above. It also provides excellent bond strength with adhesives and thin set mortars.
UltraLayer can eliminate some of the time-consuming and potentially hazardous tear out of old flooring associated with remodeling. As long as the existing floor covering is still adhered tightly to a level, even and structurally solid subfloor, and is free from excessive wax, grease or sealants, UltraLayer can be glued directly to old vinyl composition tile (VCT) or non-cushioned sheet vinyl. Thus eliminating the potential problem of exposing harmful asbestos elements. Approved for use over radiant heated floors.
- IIC rating of 73 when tested under ceramic tile over 8" concrete with ceiling assembly. Approved for use over radiant heated floors
LATERAL CRACK SUPPRESSANT
- Insulayment is warranted for a period of 15 years to suppress the transfer of lateral cracking of up to 1/4" from concrete sub-floors to the covered flooring material.
- Used under: Ceramic, porcelain, and most stone tile
TCNA ROBINSON TEST
- When installed with residential ceramic tile, mortar, and grout, and in accordance with TCA installation standards, the product was rated as "LIGHT" for "light commercial use in office space, reception areas, kitchens, and bathrooms."
- When installed with commercial porcelain tile, epoxy mortar, and epoxy grout, and in accordance with TCA installation standard, the product was rated as "Extra Heavy" for "extra heavy and high impact use in food plants, dairies, breweries, and kitchens.
ADDS INSULATION VALUE
- Insulayment will add a thermal "break" to the flooring assembly with an r-value of approximately .42
MP Global Products LLC
2500 Old Hadar Rd.
Norfolk, NE 68702
Tel: (888) 379-9695
Web site: http://www.mpglobalproducts.com