Galvanite lockers are fabricated from prime galvannealed (hot-dipped zinc coated, annealed) sheet steel , then finished with an electrostatically applied high grade powder coat finish providing double protection against corrosion.
What is Galvanite?
Galvanite™, is List Industries' trade marked name for lockers and cabinets manufactured with galvannealed sheet steel components and finished with an electrostatically applied high-grade powder coat finish. Galvanneal and powder coat offer exceptional double protection against corrosion, even under the most adverse conditions. Tests indicate that galvanneal increases the estimated lifecycle threefold.
What is Galvanneal?
Galvanneal is the result of the combined processes of galvanizing (hot-dipped zinc coating) and annealing (heat treatment). Galvanneal does not flake when formed or stamped. The very fine matte finish acts like a primer that easily adheres to paint. These characteristics make galvannealed sheet steel ideal for steel lockers in high humidity, corrosion prone areas.Features:
- BODY CONSTRUCTION: 24 gauge, galvannealed corrosion resistant sheet steel
- BODY STYLES: Single, double, triple and six tier
- DOOR: 16 gauge, galvannealed corrosion resistant sheet steel louvered for
- added ventilation, 18 gauge for box doors
- HINGES: Continuous piano type
- HANDLE (wardrobe): Stainless steel recessed handle with multi-point gravity lift-type latching. Recessed handle protects finish from being marred by padlock.
- HANDLE (box): Box lockers include a projecting single-point friction catch door pull prepared for both padlock or built-in lock. No moving parts insures quiet maintenance-free operation.
- HOOKS: One double prong ceiling hook and two single hooks per single and double tier opening. One double ceiling hook for triple tier. No hooks for six tier lockers.
- COAT RODS: Available for single tier at a nominal cost
- SHELVES: Hat shelf is included in single tier lockers.
- LEGS: 6" high legs are standard. Lockers without legs are available for a nominal charge.