Bracing Kit for Crossover Systems
Designed to maximize the stability of Lapeyre Crossover Systems with stairs up to 8' tall and platforms up to 8' long, the convenient Crossover Bracing Kit includes:
- Brackets: Stainless Steel upper and lower connections, plus hardware.
- Custom Brace Tubing: Available in carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. Tubing length will vary according to the Crossover configuration.
BOLTS NOT INCLUDED FOR FLOOR ANCHORS.
9⁄16" HOLE PRE-DRILLED.
Once fabricated, the bracing allows for approximately 1" of adjustment during installation to account for minor inaccuracies in floor anchor drilling. To determine the correct brace specifications for a Crossover System, the following information is required for Bracing Kit orders:
- Basic dimensions of obstacles under and near the Crossover System.
- Optimal spread angle: Spread angle range is 0 to 20 degrees for 56 degree angle stairs and 0 to 10 degrees for 68 degree angle stairs.
- Optimal brace angle: Brace angle range is 20 to 30 degrees (from vertical plane) for all configurations.
Clients may consult with Lapeyre's Customer Service Representatives to determine optimal brace and spread angles based on Crossover stair height, platform length, and obstacle dimensions. Architects, engineers, and specifiers may also choose to use the attached Excel Spreadsheet in determining the proper bracing for an application.