4210/4510 Smoothee® Series Closers
These heavy-duty, high-security and surface-mounted closers feature special components to resist tampering and vandalism.
The heavy duty 4210/4510 Smoothee Series closers are high-security closers that feature special components to resist tampering and vandalism and meet ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1 standards. The closers are UL listed for self-closing doors and boast a 30-year limited warranty.
Forged steel parallel arms and heavy gauge metal security covers are designed for correctional, vandal-prone, institutional and other high traffic applications. A choice of finishes and cylinder functions meet correctional and vandal-resistant requirements. Materials include a high-strength cast iron cylinder, a one-piece forged steel piston, a double-heat-treated pinion, all-weather fluid, tamper-resistant regulating screws and a high-efficiency, full-complement, low-friction bearing. The LCN “Green Dial” ensures accurate spring force adjustments.
Features & Benefits
- Cast iron body
- LCN patented “Green Dial” spring force indicator
- Full-complement bearing
Quality and durability
- All-weather fluid
- 30-year warranty
- Handed design
- Security cover
- TORX machine screw pack
- Forged steel arm
- Sized cylinders for interior doors to 5’0” and exterior doors to 4’0”
- Non-sized cylinder is adjustable for interior doors to 4’6” and exterior doors to 3’6”
- Closer meets American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements
- UL and cUL listed for self-closing doors without with regular or fusible link arms for self-closing doors
- Tested and certified under ANSI Standard A156.4, Grade 1
Designs & Finishes
- Standard or optional custom powder coat finish
- Standard handed cast iron closer
- Standard handed heavy gauge metal security cover
- Optional plated finish on metal cover, arm and fasteners
- Optional SRI primer for installations in corrosive conditions is available with powder coat only
The 4210 Series mounts parallel arm push side. The 4510 Series mounts hinge pull side. Visit the 4210/4510 Series catalog pages for mounting details, arm options and accessories.