4040XP Series Closer
This heavy-duty closer is LCN's most durable surface-mounted closer, designed for the most demanding applications.
The 4040XP Series is LCN’s most durable surface-mounted heavy-duty closer, designed for the most demanding high-use-and-abuse applications. It meets ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1 standards and ADA reduced opening force requirements. This closer is cUL listed and UL listed for self-closing doors without hold-open and boasts a 30-year limited warranty.
The 4040XP Series features include standard non-handed plastic cover, with optional plated finish available for cover, arm and fasteners. Materials include high-strength cast-iron cylinder, forged steel arm, double heat-treated steel pinion and full complement, low friction bearing for rugged reliability in high-traffic installations.
LCN peel-n-stick templates assure quick and accurate installation, and the patented LCN Green Dial takes the guesswork out of spring force adjustments.
Features & Benefits
- Cast iron cylinder with full-complement bearing
- 3/4" diameter piston
- Double-heat treated steel pinion journal
Quality and durability
- All-weather Liquid X fluid
- LCN patented Green Dial spring force indicator
- 30-year warranty
- Universal non-handed
- Peel-n-stick template and snap-on cover
- Adjustable spring sizes 1-6
- Non-sized cylinder is adjustable for interior doors to 5'0" and exterior doors to 4'0"
- Meets ADA requirements
- UL and cUL listed for self-closing doors without hold-open
- Tested and certified under ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1
- 4040XP may be used with all 4040 accessories
- Non-handed, non-sized, delayed action and accessibility options available
Designs & Finishes
- Powder coat finish offered in standard colors and a large selection of optional custom colors
- Standard plastic cover and optional handed metal cover available
- Optional plated finish on metal cover, arm and fasteners
- Optional SRI primer for installations in corrosive conditions available with powder coat only
The 4040XP Series mounts hinge pull side, push side top jamb and push side parallel arm. Visit the 4040XP Series catalog pages for mounting details, arm options and accessories.