Black Acoustical Board
Knauf Insulation Black Acoustical Board with ECOSE® Technology is a heavy density glass mineral wool board insulation bonded with ECOSE® Technology. The base board is amber with a black polymer top layer of glasswool, and a black overspray applied to provide a smooth, tough finish.ECOSE® Technology
ECOSE Technology is a revolutionary binder chemistry that enhances the sustainability of our products. The “binder” is the bond that holds our glass mineral wool product together and gives the product its shape and brown color. ECOSE Technology is a plant-based, sustainable chemistry that replaces the phenol/formaldehyde (PF) binder traditionally used in glass mineral wool products. Products using ECOSE technology are formaldehyde-free and have reduced global warming potential when compared to our products of the past.Application
Knauf Insulation Black Acoustical Board with ECOSE® Technology is designed for use as acoustical insulation and/or a visual barrier on walls and ceilings, where system design requires a rigid product and where additional strength and abuse resistance are required. The black surface provides a visual barrier with an aesthetic appearance, in both wall and ceiling applications. The product is typically used where framing members are not present.Features and Benefits
- Reduces airborne sound transmission.
- Significantly improves STC ratings of wall configurations.
Surface Burning Characteristics (UL/ULC Listed)
- Does not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke Developed when tested in accordance with ASTM E 84, CAN/ULC S102-M88, NFPA 255 and UL 723.
Service Temperature (ASTM C 411)
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338, G 21, G 22)
- Does not support microbial growth.
Water Vapor Sorption (ASTM C 1104)
Air Velocity (ASTM C 1071)
- Maximum 4000 fpm (1219 mpm).
Glass Mineral Wool and Mold
- Knauf Insulation Black Acoustical Board with ECOSE® Technology is packaged in cartons that offer excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- Cartons are unitized for easy handling and storage.
- Knauf Insulation Black Acoustical Board with ECOSE® Technology is used as acoustical insulation and/or visual barrier, where system design requires a rigid product.
Glass mineral wool (glasswool) insulation will not sustain mold growth. However, mold can grow on almost any material when it becomes wet and contaminated. Carefully inspect any insulation that has been exposed to water. If it shows any sign of mold it must be discarded. If the material is wet but shows no evidence of mold, it should be dried rapidly and thoroughly. If it shows signs of facing degradation from wetting, it should be replaced.Notes
The chemical and physical properties of Knauf Black Acoustical Insulation with ECOSE® Technology represent typical average values determined in accordance with accepted test methods. The data is subject to normal manufacturing variations. The data is supplied as a technical service and is subject to change without notice. References to numerical flame spread ratings are not intended to reflect hazards presented by these or any other materials under actual fire conditions. Check with your Knauf Insulation sales representative to assure information is current.