KeeGuard Roof Edge Railing System
Fall Protection that Does Not Penetrate the Roof Membrane
Why use a railing system for fall protection on a low slope roof?
- A guardrail system removes the risk of workers reaching a position from which they could enter into a free fall situation.
- There is no training involved - everybody knows how to use railings.
- It is the safest way to provide fall protection for people who work near the roof edge according to many safety consultants.
- No annual inspections, maintenance, training, additional equipment or other hidden costs.
What are some other benefits of KeeGuard® Fall Protection Railing System?
- No penetration of the roof membrane. Therefore no possibility of a leaking roof and expensive repairs
- Collective fall protection. This means that the number of people that can be on a roof safely is only limited by the size and strength of the roof.
- Simple counterbalance construction of KeeGuard® fall protection system makes installation easy and straightforward
- In all safety matters the simpler the solution the better. KeeGuard® fall protection railing system should always be considered when possible when choosing a fall protection system
Permanent Solution for Roof Edge Safety
Safety recommendations for the protection of maintenance personnel in countries all over the world are moving to a hierarchy of safety where collective fall prevention solutions, as provided by The KeeGuard® system, are preferred over singular fall protection alternatives such as harnesses and wire systems. Collective fall prevention and fall protection can be achieved with the use of the KeeGuard® system. Lifeline, fall restraint, and fall arrest systems require individual equipment and specialized training. The KeeGuard® system acts as a passive barrier and protects all personnel, even those who may access the rooftop infrequently. The KeeGuard® Roof Edge Railing System works along side your existing personal fall protection devices.
KeeGuard® Offers Flexibility and Custom Solutions
The KeeGuard® modular component system offers maximum flexibility for your rooftop configuration. Almost any flat or low slope roof up to 3 degrees can be accommodated. Your individually engineered KeeGuard® Fall Protection System can be used for bi-level or multi-level roofs, can be adapted to varying angle or circular configurations, and can be customized to accommodate ladderways, rooftop equipment, or other rooftop obstructions.
KeeGuard® Meets the Standard
KeeGuard® has been independently tested and meets or exceeds the following North America and International Requirements.
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.23
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.501, 29 CFR 1926.502
- Canadian National Building Code 18.104.22.168(1)(e), 22.214.171.124(2), 126.96.36.199(4)
- Ontario Building Code Section 188.8.131.52(1)(b), 184.108.40.206(2), 220.127.116.11(4)
- HSG-33 Health & Safety in Roof Work
- HSE Specialist Report No 15: 1988
- HSE Sheet 21 Working on Flat Roofs Protection Against Falls"
- BS 6399: Part 2 1995 Wind Code
- EU Directives & CDM Regulations
- BGV A1: 2000, BGG 928 & BGR 184
- Health, Safety & Welfare Regulation 13 Falls or Falling Objects 1992
- NFE 85-003
- EN ISO 14122: PT3
- EN 13374
- The KeeGuard® Freestanding System is TÜV Tested
KeeGuard® For Standing Seam Metal Roofs
Standing Seam Metal Roofs
KeeGuard® product innovations include a safety compliant fall protection railing system for standing seam metal roofs. This custom designed guardrail will provide proper access to rooftop equipment for maintenance or inspection, provide any needed perimeter protection, and also accommodate proper ladderway access.
Four S5U clamps are bolted to a galvanized steel baseplate, and using the simple set screw method, the S5U clamps attach securely to the standing seams without puncturing the metal roof. A Kee Klamp® Type 62 (base) fitting affixes to each metal baseplate in the system to support the uprights. The horizontal baseplates are custom fabricated to accommodate a wide variety of standing seam metal roofs.
Use of an open-style crossover fitting speeds installation of horizontal rails on standard or modified KeeGuard® Fall Protection Systems. In addition to using the Kee Klamp Type 62 fitting for upright support, the Kee Klamp Type 69 fitting can be incorporated into metal roof applications to accommodate a toeboard if needed.
100 Stradtman Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
Tel: (800) 851-5181
Fax: (716) 896-5696
Web site: http://www.keesafety.com
Kee Safety, Ltd.
40 North Rivermede, Units 6-7
Concord, Ontario L4K 2H3
Tel: +1 (877) 505-5003
Fax: +1 (905) 669-4347
Web site: http://www.keesafety.ca